Re: Massive Packet Loss every few games

by d0nkeyt0m

Original Post

★ Guide

I can confirm this, its been happening to me since that rampart hop-up gimmick patch in s5. Its 100% on that dumpster fire they call servers, but no fix has happened eventough its been literally months since they broke it.

Message 11 of 24 (1,685 Views)

★ Novice

Anyone found a solution? This is happening since early season 7 for me as well. Every 5 games I get into match with huge packet loss. Ranked is unplayable at this point.

Message 12 of 24 (1,605 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this issue for years now and it is definately not related to my connection or hardware since I have moved and build up a completely new PC and it always happened. It makes me friggin mad. Every few rounds I get constant packet loss and it won't go away. Really fun to play a ranked round like that when you instantly know that the round is over due to severe laggs. 

When I want to leave the server I am forever stuck in "Connecting to lobby" and I have to ALT+F4 and restart Origin.

Again this issues has been around for years and I don't think the devs will ever address it.

Message 13 of 24 (1,590 Views)

★★ Novice

* this game, stupid bug is there for years now and no response or fix. 

Message 14 of 24 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll just get in line. Same here. It feels like the problem gets worse the first time I minimize the game and tab back in. But I don't have any hard evidence for that. Just a feeling. So my guess is that something is getting * up when the game runs in the background on recuced fps. Maybe the connection cannot build up properly.

Another possibility is that there load balancing is just poorly implemented and you sometimes get a server which is not in your reagion for some reason.

Anyhow. I doubt there will ever be a fix for that.. sadly. Esp. the "hang in end of game screen" is annoying af.

Message 15 of 24 (1,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue here ever since the start of season 7 and nothing is happening, every 3rd or 4th game packetloss up to 90 %. Makes ranked from Plat on in a real fun experience.

Message 16 of 24 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Meshersen Here i am 22 january and the bug still exists.
Message 17 of 24 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ikisaki8 Have had this issue where random games had package loss. ALT + F4 and relaunch allows you to rejoin the game. Nevertheless, I have had no package loss for over 200-300 games; now I'm getting lots of code:wheel, code:leaf and code:net instead which kicks me out of the session fully. It's gone from bad to worse and I feel there is nothing we can do about it.
Message 18 of 24 (1,386 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue. today i am 10 games 10x package loss. problem is ea just doesnt care as long as they make money. i really hope karma comes and * this * company

Message 19 of 24 (1,130 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have the same issue. I been having this issue for ever I got good ping in lobby and soon as I start a match ping just bounces up especially when enemies are around. Sigh every season new characters and guns but no fix for the people who really enjoy the game sigh. I’m just gonna abandon this game. 

Message 20 of 24 (1,115 Views)