Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mass effect andromeda wont launch

by justingirish

Original Post

Highlighted

Mass effect andromeda wont launch

★★★★ Novice
Hi guys. Mass effect andromeda dosent launch anymore after latest patch. I've done a clean install of Windows 10' I've installed latest graphic drivers and latest Windows 10 updates. I've done a clean boot' I've changed the location to uk. Still dosent did it. Also I tried going offline mode in origin. I've tried everything. It's an issue with the game and needs a new fix update. It was working fine perfect 3 weeks ago. Any update on a fix????? its Really annoying!!
Message 1 of 15 (344 Views)

Re: Mass effect andromeda wont launch

Champion (Retired)

Its not an issue with the game.  Tens of thousands of players are playing it quite happily.  Post a Dxdiag and we'll take a look ...

Message 2 of 15 (331 Views)

★ Guide

I had the same issue after installing Win10 Creators update and when ME:A went to v. 1.07.

I managed to solve it by adding proper user privileges to the game executable. Not sure does this help on your case but I think it's worth a shot.

Sorry about the Finnish language on the next screenshot:

Message 3 of 15 (314 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi carniska. Yes I forgot that creators update was installed on my computer automatically recently. This could be the issue.This might be the issue. I will check this to see if it works. I'm finished work at 7 i will try then and let you know. Thank you
Message 4 of 15 (307 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@carniskaNice another thing for people to check. 

Message 5 of 15 (293 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks @carniska that's a great contribution.

Most folks who were encountering this issue have a workaround now, but we're still seeing a small number of folks with similar experiences. 

Message 6 of 15 (277 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm finished work in 2 hours. I'll let ye know if this works. I've a feeling it will. Thanks again
Message 7 of 15 (270 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi I tried this and it still didn't fix the issue. thanks anyway

Message 8 of 15 (243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

here is my dx diag file.

Message 9 of 15 (239 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You have some odd errors.  Do you have McAfee installed? The Telemetry errors point of a conflict between Windows Defender and McAfee or some other virus scanner.   you can stop the Windows Defender Service and see if that helps.  Control Panel Services.  Check Device manager as well, there is a device not installed and it cant find a suitable driver. 

Message 10 of 15 (228 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help