Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer not working

by klyebrad

Original Post

Highlighted

Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer not working

★★★★ Novice

I was having some issues with the multiplayer mode but shortly thereafter it started working.....and then quit again. Now when i try to join a new lobby my character is not displayed and when the game starts i am kicked back out to the title screen. 

Message 1 of 13 (4,048 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer not working

★★ Novice

Hey klyebrad,

I have also been experiencing these issues. Unfortunately, it appears to be the way EA decided to set up their servers with P2P connection. It makes it diffucult with people who have a modem with IPv6. You can usually tell it is happening when you do not see your character, like in your picture.

Here is a similar post for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/ME-Andromeda-Xbox-One-MP-never-working/td-p/5947787

Hopefully EA actually does something to fix it.

Message 2 of 13 (4,004 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the info. I was starting to think I was the only one. Xbox tech support didn't have a clue.
Message 3 of 13 (3,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Also, online connectivity to EA Servers has been intermittent all day today.  Out of 10 MP matches I was only able to complete one (on PC), and half the time it loses connection in the first or second wave.  Possibly not related, but I wonder.  

Message 4 of 13 (3,906 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I've had the majority of my matches crash mid match kicking me back to the dashboard on the ps4! Ea and bioware need to get their * together! This kind of performance and quality from a game that took 5 years to develop is entirely unacceptable! Especially one that carries the mass effect name!
Message 5 of 13 (3,790 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I completely agree as I have experienced those issues too since the latest patch. Multiplayer get stuck and quit the game (can't finish matches), enemies with zero health still standing up as if their not dead, not seeing my characters, no connection to origin. I never experienced those problems before the patch, I have no bugs in the single players and I am dissapointed to not be able to play multiplayer.    

Message 6 of 13 (3,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Couldn't agree more. Mine doing the exact same thing.
Message 7 of 13 (3,709 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Have any progress into fixing this been noticed? I haven't been able to play a single game online
Message 8 of 13 (3,646 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
After waiting since ME3; to find this on multiplayer... I'm on the verge of seeling my xbox and forgetting about games. The companies just don't give a damn about the customer anymore.
Message 9 of 13 (3,503 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is bull shizzle honestly. Been trying to get into multiplayer games for three days. Like they said up above my picture doesn't display in the team screen so I know when it's going to f up. This is infuriating. I seriously want to smash my Xbox or the game but than realize I shouldn't punish myself for ea being idiots. Also if u can't join a game make one. I find that works
Message 10 of 13 (3,492 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help