Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

by LukeMx

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

★ Apprentice

I've got the same issue, sometimes I can play for several hours before this occurs, sometimes 10 minutes. Mostly happens during conversations, where the fps seems to tank for an unknown reason.

Windows 7 64bit

i5 3570k @ 4,2 ghz

16gb ram

gtx 680 2gb

Message 91 of 228 (3,454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have dx crash when i try to speak with prisoner in Nexus jail!

Message 92 of 228 (3,404 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have you guys tried setting your page file to be managed automatically? I was getting random crashes, but I haven't had any since I changed this. I'm now 30 hours into the game. I had my page file manually set on a different HDD (my OS and games are on an SSD).

My specs are below. Nothing is overclocked and I have the latest Nvidia drivers.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

Intel i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 

16GB DDR3 RAM

MSI Nvidia GTX 1070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Message 93 of 228 (3,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this crash under some circumstances:

What i observed:

1) Always happens when the scene changes/menu opens/dialogue starts

Speculation: Seems to me like an issue with rendertarget texture initialization/deinitialization, maybe of the post processing pipeline? Since some people write that setting post processing to low fixes the issue.

2) The crash never occurs if the game is the only gpu-using task that runs. Crash occurs often if i have chrome running.

Speculation: Maybe some fragmented GPU-Memory usage of other tasks that blocks creation of new rendertargets?

Edit:

So as work-around, try to close all browsers and other gpu-using tasks while playing!

Specs:

i5-4670K @ 3.4

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

Windows 10

Message 94 of 228 (3,311 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also having directx crash. It only happens during conversations or cutscenes, never during actual gameplay. A moment ago barely managed to proceed past cutscene when encountering kett warship while exiting from hyperspace. Game crashed 5 times during those cutscene so I had to quickly tap space to skip all scenes.

There is a really some serious issues with the game. I just hope that devs know about this issue and that they will release patch very soon.

Message 95 of 228 (3,276 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Munkle555 wrote:
36 hours can you specify what windows version you are using, hardware, and config like page file and graphic settings etc. I will match as best as I can and see if I can get past 5 minutes

I'm using Windows 10 with the game installed on my 500gb 840 EVO, with an i7 3770k clocked at 4.2 Ghz, 16gb RAM and 2 * 980Ti in SLI, i play the game in 4k with High to Ultra settings, no AA. My Pagefile memory is 16gb.

Message 96 of 228 (3,236 Views)

★ Apprentice

sli is  never a good choice for gaming, games just dont scale as dev's are lazy i tried it all One fast card is always better and less hassle for the user.. 

Message 97 of 228 (3,222 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Lima282828 wrote:

sli is  never a good choice for gaming, games just dont scale as dev's are lazy i tried it all One fast card is always better and less hassle for the user.. 

SLI is scaling beautifully in the game, SLI is not the fault here, even single card users are having this DirectX crash, besides SLI is still necessary to reach 4k 60fps

Message 98 of 228 (3,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue.  Seems to happen in cut scenes and sometimes when opening the menu.  Very frustrating.  Rolling back my video drivers to a prior version seemed to help reduce the number of crashes.

Win 10

I7 3770k 4.5 GHZ

GTX 980TI (now stock clocked, no change in crashes from my usual settings though)

16GB RAM

Game performance is otherwise fine at 5760x1080.  This rig is pretty stable in every other workload I throw at it.  

Please tell me when your game is done.

Thanks.

Message 99 of 228 (3,176 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mr_JEL escribió:

I have this crash under some circumstances:

What i observed:

1) Always happens when the scene changes/menu opens/dialogue starts

Speculation: Seems to me like an issue with rendertarget texture initialization/deinitialization, maybe of the post processing pipeline? Since some people write that setting post processing to low fixes the issue.

2) The crash never occurs if the game is the only gpu-using task that runs. Crash occurs often if i have chrome running.

Speculation: Maybe some fragmented GPU-Memory usage of other tasks that blocks creation of new rendertargets?

Edit:

So as work-around, try to close all browsers and other gpu-using tasks while playing!

Specs:

i5-4670K @ 3.4

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

Windows 10

Same DirectX Error.

For me it crashes randomly and sooner, I can`t play more than 5 min.

I disable the background applications, unnecessary programs and also any anti-virus / firewall software.

I uninstalled anything which is related to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable then I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 08, 10, 12, 13, 15.

Installed this version of DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8109

Of course I tried all driver versions, oldest and latest, allways a clean install.

Last option, create a new local user account in Windows 10 specifically to test the game

Message 100 of 228 (3,127 Views)