Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

by LukeMx

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

★★★★★ Expert

Wait... Is that "Deutschland, Deutschland, über Alles"  I hear in the background?  :eahigh_file:

Message 221 of 228 (4,060 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ThandalNLyman

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

Wait... Is that "Deutschland, Deutschland, über Alles"  I hear in the background?  :eahigh_file:

No, its  "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit." we stopped that other stuff a long time ago. (Thankfully.)  Tongue out

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 222 of 228 (4,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Renki0507 wrote:

Hello,

I think I've found a cause and solution to this crash.

I had the exact same problem - frequent DirectX crashes on Tempest and during cutscenes, "out of memory", even though I have 32 Gb RAM and Titan X Pascal SLI with 12 Gb VRAM. So the memory technically can't really be full.

Turns out the problem is in Windows 10 page file or swap file, which is used when the OS is out of RAM. Why isn't even 32 Gb enough is probably due to some bug, as MSI Afterburner shows a maximum of about 11 Gb RAM usage during game play. 

I had the page file on 4 Gb for some reason and increased it to 16 Gb. Just make sure you have enough HD space on your Windows partition. After that, I've played for over 20 hours without a single crash. I did nothing else so it MUST be because of this, as before the crashes happened every few minutes on Tempest and randomly elsewhere.

Google for instructions on how to increase your page file or follows this simple YouTube-video (not my video, credits to the author): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRe_MtNvVSM&t=1s

Hopefully this helps! 

Yes! This is what fixed it for me :-) Freakin' Bioware and their buggy coding! Thank-you sooo much! Just make sure you have enough HD space, and make sure it's set to at least 16GB. I would recommend getting 16GB RAM if you don't already have it as well, because as he said, it uses up to 11 GB of RAM.

Message 223 of 228 (3,584 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Benadiction Same DX Error... but using Nvidia 6x - 12GB Ram - Intel I5 if i leave all to LOW settings DX Error appear... if i try HIGH settings the same... from 5 to 15 minutes and then DX Error. I have to try disable Triple Buffering, Vsync etc... but very strange error, considering many other games works perfectly and i formatted my pc (Windows10PRO) 1 week ago and i not installed anything, only updated drivers.
Message 224 of 228 (2,330 Views)

★★ Novice

It didn't work for me.

Message 225 of 228 (2,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It helps the turn off OC of the GPU Angel

Message 226 of 228 (1,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was getting really frustrated with this game. One of the suggestions below about changing the size of your page files worked fine for me. So thanks to him/her and also the bloke on the YouTube video. 

Message 227 of 228 (1,426 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect: Andromeda, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 228 of 228 (1,279 Views)