Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mass Effect Andromeda constantly freezes and stays permanently frozen.

by tww66642069

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Andromeda constantly freezes and stays permanently frozen.

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Super Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug I'll try to play single player and within minutes the game will freeze and stay frozen permanently. Usually happens in conversations but will happen just walking around also. Usually happens within 5-10 minutes of playing. It just started happening recently and I've tried everything from clearing my cache to uninstalling to even factory resetting my Xbox.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 160 mps download. 45 upload.
What company provides your internet service? Mediacom
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea, just always happens for me.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Whatever is in an Xbox One S
Please enter memory size in GB. Same answer as above.

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Super Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug I'll try to play single player and within minutes the game will freeze and stay frozen permanently. Usually happens in conversations but will happen just walking around also. Usually happens within 5-10 minutes of playing. It just started happening recently and I've tried everything from clearing my cache to uninstalling to even factory resetting my Xbox.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 160mps download and about 45 mps upload.
What company provides your internet service? Mediacom
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea, it just happens every time I try to play the game..
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Message 1 of 67 (34,750 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda constantly freezes and stays permanently frozen.

★★★★ Novice
I reloaded a save I had from a dy before the patch and it appears to be working fine now. At least for the last hour. But we will see.

View in thread

Message 19 of 67 (11,619 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Same thing has been happening to me for the last 2-3 days. Every time I check emails or have any type of conversation the game freezes.
Message 2 of 67 (34,504 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Im having this exact same issue it didnt start until i did the stepin krogan betrayal where you give the scrambler to addison assistant, now whenever i try to talk to anyone on nexus it freezes either right after or during, managed to get to the tempest and any conversation on ship does it to.
I did manage to travel to and land on eos and walk around fine. But when i left to go to the another place low and behold it froze again.
I really hope im not gonna have to delete my save. I am super deluxe edition if that helps anything
Message 3 of 67 (34,442 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue, freezing almost immediate into game play every time I try to play. I have to restart my x box to get it to unfreeze. However it only dose it on my profile. My husband gets on and no problem plays for several hours and no issue. 

Message 4 of 67 (34,342 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem.  Any time I check the journal, there's a high chance it freezes.  This started yesterday or the day before, but got really bad today.  Putting down hammers on Eos; freezes.  Conversation; freezes.  It's worse on my uncle's profile than mine, but it's getting worse on both.

Message 5 of 67 (34,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Same issue here. Happens whenever I travel via the galaxy map. As soon as I arrive at the destination it freezes.

Edit: and now any time I enter the pause menu it freezes

Edit 2: tried uninstalled and reinstalling. No fix. Going to create a new game tomorrow and see what happens
Message 6 of 67 (34,030 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
What's a super deluxe edition?
Message 7 of 67 (34,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I found out my issue was due to accelting a quest from captain dunn, its called contagion, freezing stopped when i loaded a save from before i accepted it, i didnt even aknknowledge the email when i saw it the second time. Been playing fine since
Message 8 of 67 (34,004 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I'm having the exact same issue the only difference for me is that I have a physical copy of the game.
Message 9 of 67 (33,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please, PLEASE fix this. Really sucks being a die hard Mass Effect fan and not even being able to play the game without it freezing every few minutes. Absolutely ridiculous.

Message 10 of 67 (33,709 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help