Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda New Game+ Empty Store Inventory Bug

by Aznnin

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie
I've not started NG+ however I'm having this same issue and it started at lvl 61 and I'm lvl 66 and still no inventory for merchants.
Message 31 of 39 (724 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi @uremajesty: Unfortunately that's to be expected. This isn't a NG+ bug but rather a Tier VIII bug. Since Tier VIII items should appear (but don't) between player levels 61-70, you won't find any weapons/armor/mods in merchant inventories, enemy drops, containers, or strike team loot boxes while you're between those levels. Once you hit level 71, whether that's still in your first playthrough or in NG+, it should clear up: at that level Tier IX will start appearing as normal.

Message 32 of 39 (721 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Have they talked about patching it anytime soon?
Message 33 of 39 (708 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So basically what we are seeing is that no one at Bioware ever leveled up and tested characters past level 60.

I opened so many Strike mission loot boxes and didn't realize that I was getting nothing until far too late.

Bioware, you need to address bugs more than you need to work on more Bronze Apex missions that no one cares about.

Message 34 of 39 (682 Views)

★★★ Guide
My suspicion is that they skipped ahead directly to a round number like 100 and/or the maximum to make sure things like skill points were working. I think you're right that they didn't have anyone testing the level 61-70 range specifically, or that whoever was at those levels didn't notice (or wasn't looking to test) the gear that dropped -- or in this case failed to drop. It would take a tester in that precise range to be affected. Further evidence that more thorough testing needed to be done, for sure, but there are ways to get to higher levels for testing purposes that skip over the bugged range, so they might have managed to do so by chance.
Message 35 of 39 (679 Views)

★ Guide

@xrayspex73 wrote:

So basically what we are seeing is that no one at Bioware ever leveled up and tested characters past level 60.

I opened so many Strike mission loot boxes and didn't realize that I was getting nothing until far too late.

Bioware, you need to address bugs more than you need to work on more Bronze Apex missions that no one cares about.

Good grief.  I've known about the level bug for a bit now, but never put two and two together regarding the Strike Team loot crates until you posted this.  Now I feel like a complete idiot opening so many of those things at the same time and not even paying attention - I guess I just assumed I wasn't getting anything "randomly".  Actually, I don't know what I was thinking.  Ugh...

Message 36 of 39 (673 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Soooo... the patch 1.06 is out and this issue is supposed to be fixed.

I can't confirm that, because I'm now on level 106  and I have only tier X items now.

Hopefully, someone can confirm that this issue is finally fixed.

Cheers

Message 37 of 39 (482 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Patch 1.06 supposedly fixed this, so I guess i'll just mark this as solution found.

Message 38 of 39 (1,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It also atuo fixes when your get to your next crafting level tear same thing happened to me there was also no weapons or armor in any containers but I leved up to where I could make lvl 9 gear and it then everything was working again. And this was before the new patc.
Message 39 of 39 (455 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help