Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Crashes

by omega2079

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Crashes

★★★★ Novice

I've found that every single one of my straight-to-desktop crashes have occurred while zooming in with a scoped weapon. Is this true of other people or just a stupid coincidence?

Message 241 of 564 (427 Views)

★ Guide
I thought i was the only one that noticed that. I don't use scoped weapons but the crash has happened to me many times as soon as i aim at an enemy with a weapon, it might be coincidence but seems like you also noticed it as well. Very strange issue
Message 242 of 564 (423 Views)

★★★★ Novice
When I started playing on launch day I had no issues. I installed the Apex HQ app on my phone (Android) and started randomly crashing my Xbox One. Someone said on reddit that crashes were related to that. I uninstalled the app and everything started working fine -- no crashes... Until last night. I've tried playing 6 or 7 matches and I've only completed one. And that is only because I was put into a match at the tail end of round 6.
Message 243 of 564 (408 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Suli559 wrote:
I thought i was the only one that noticed that. I don't use scoped weapons but the crash has happened to me many times as soon as i aim at an enemy with a weapon, it might be coincidence but seems like you also noticed it as well. Very strange issue

Since buying the games I've had countless crashes. But I've been on a binge of the game over this past weekend and not had too many (maybe 5 over the last 3 days). But every single time has been as I aim down the scope, without fail.

Message 244 of 564 (400 Views)

★ Novice

i crash whether aiming or not  in total 64 crashes in 3 days

Message 245 of 564 (381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@GhostQ47 wrote:

I've found that every single one of my straight-to-desktop crashes have occurred while zooming in with a scoped weapon. Is this true of other people or just a stupid coincidence?

It could be a coincidence. If I recall correctly I had crashes while shooting, running, jumping, using the jet pack, using a biotic power, using a combat power, melee combat, using a tech power, detonating primed enemies and shoot scooped and or unscoped.

Message 246 of 564 (354 Views)

★ Guide
Lmao, good one. Frikin crashing regardless of what the hell we do :'(
Message 247 of 564 (346 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem with multiplayer on PC... its realy mad that in result: no EXP no boost left.

Message 248 of 564 (321 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah, I was happy to had made it through a match to extraction and then while it was loading the results I lost my connection to the mass effect server and didn't get credit for the match...

It's gotten ridiculous at this point. I've lost so many consumables and now I don't even bother equipping them when trying to play.
Message 249 of 564 (311 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Having the same exception code and same module list as previous poster:

Exception Code: 0xC0000005
Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

I did some digging and this particular exception code can point to a wide array of various issues, none of which really helps us on our end.

However, I did find that Battlefield 1 had a similar issue. Same engine, so plausible that this is maybe an issue within Frostbite 3. Also, if you'll notice the hotlinked Answers HQ thread, looks like it was about a month after that a fix was introduced. Maybe we'll find out more Tuesday. If not, looks like we're in for a long haul.

Message 250 of 564 (304 Views)
Twitter Stream