Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Crashes

by Denzien_Omega

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Guide
I've had the audio issue since i first played the trail of the game, since its still in the 1.05 patch then there's nothing you can do but quit the game and restart it back
Message 371 of 564 (458 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
The audio bug is recurring; I think there is a thread up on the forum for it and I don't believe there's been any resolution.

I tried swapping to single payer and changing various audio options, didn't help. Also tried disabling/re-enabling audio driver in game just for fun, didn't do a thing.

Only thing that worked for me was rebooting the game after a match in eerie utter silence.
Message 372 of 564 (451 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

The same problem exists on the Xbox One (as if you didn't already know). At least 50% of multiplayer matches crash the game. When it happens, you lose any consumables you equipped. You also lose all interest in a game that is basically broken. If this is not fixed, I see no reason to try to play multiplayer again - there's just no point.

Message 373 of 564 (444 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

It's crashing even more now, after the patch.

I haven't had a single problem with previous Frostbite titles (Battlefield, DAO).

i7-6700k/1080GTX/16GBRAM/Win10

Message 374 of 564 (429 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@WinterOnMars wrote:

It's crashing even more now, after the patch.

I haven't had a single problem with previous Frostbite titles (Battlefield, DAO).

i7-6700k/1080GTX/16GBRAM/Win10

I'm guessing you've tried all the usual steps? Does it crash in-game? On loading?

Message 375 of 564 (420 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I think I narrowed it down. I've been at this for hours and figured out it has something to do with the VC distro they gave out in the patch.

Here are my steps

1) Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (both versions)

2) I used CC cleaner to clean out the registry * and delete all the temp files to clean out any remnants. (LOL remnants)

3) Reboot

4) Download a fresh x86 and x64 version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution (2015) and install them.

Note: If the install hangs it will error out and you need to clean and try again.

5) Retry to load the game.

I hope this helps some people if not all of you

Link for Microsoft Visual "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840"

Link for CC Cleaner if your interested in good free software "http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/"

Update:

I haven't had a client crash or a Multiplayer game crash so far so this did work for me.

Message 376 of 564 (413 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
So my game hasn't crashed once since after day 1.

Tried mp after the patch yesterday and all but 2 games out of 12 crashed with the usual error code for PS4 in the middle of the match

PS4, super deluxe edition, 8 mb upload download speed
Message 377 of 564 (411 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
This recent patch has improved things for me no end on my ps4.

Prior, i was getting the error nearly every time i accessed MP from the main menu.

Last night i had 4 or so games with no crash.
Message 378 of 564 (398 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Since this morning I've had about 10 games give or take and not received a single reward for it due to either crashing, losing connection or this BS (see pic):

Message 379 of 564 (388 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

That looks depressing and painful, grinding and then receiving nothing! Well since yesterday the game has crashed once or twice only but wave 6 or 7 i get disconnected from multiplayer and back to menu screen. Fix one issue get 100 more! Thats what were dealing with here lol.

Message 380 of 564 (384 Views)
Twitter Stream