Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Crashes

by IPL_Arris

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had crashes doing various things. Just turning around, jumping over something with jetpack, scoping, standing still...

Kind of hard to establish a pattern here. What I can tell is that MP for me is kind of laggy. I mean some teleporting enemies, weird movements etc. Perhaps the problem lies there as trying to resynchronise all the information causes the crashes?

EDIT: Side note - 4 more crashes and 3 wasted games since I posted my previous message.

Message 261 of 564 (598 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was running okay when MA:A got release on the 23rd March in Australia and completed a few good multiplayer games. But over the last week multiplayer has become unplayable with the following issues popping up:

• Crashes to desktop mid match
  • loss of connection to the "mass effect servers" mid match
  • loss of connection to the "mass effect servers" end of match after extraction (no rewards given for this)
  • loss of connection to the "mass effect servers" at end of match results screen (no rewards given for this)
  • loss of connection to the "mass effect servers" in the menus

I guess i was hopping EA would have done some form of QA/QC before the game launches but this EA after all.....

Message 262 of 564 (527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PS4 Pro,
Having the same issue,
crashing between matches,
where as all other games run fine on the same internet.
Download speed : 8Mbps
Upload Speed : 8Mbps
Damn these bugs, totally frustrated having reported error after error from the ps4 itself, more than at least 100number of times roughly.

Message 263 of 564 (485 Views)

★★ Novice

Also have been having this issue... since launch (some part of day/days are worse than other). Played 6-7 games this morning with no issue. Came back tonight; crashed 6 out of 6... Its getting a bit ridiculous, specially since I wasted so many XP boosters... "Hey! Pre-order now! you will get these boosters you will be able to loose after launch!" *sigh*. Even if its really unsatisfactory that it has not been addressed yet, Im pretty sure they wont do a thing to compensate all this lost time/booster.

Back to SP and other games

Message 264 of 564 (469 Views)

★★★★ Novice

check the "temp" folder in my games Mass effect currently has 38 dump file, meaning that my game has crashed at least 38 times in the last few days. Gotta love how they do not seem to care that their product is defective and crashing in all platforms. Yet the only message we get is don't expect a fix for this any time soon... 

Message 265 of 564 (436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Arcano30 wrote:

check the "temp" folder in my games Mass effect currently has 38 dump file, meaning that my game has crashed at least 38 times in the last few days. Gotta love how they do not seem to care that their product is defective and crashing in all platforms. Yet the only message we get is don't expect a fix for this any time soon... 

To be fair, they said they can't give a set timeframe for a fix, which means they don't know why this is happening. How can they announce when they'll fix something if they haven't figured out how to fix it? That would be irresponsible.

They also thanked everyone for the specifics detailed here in this thread, which indicates they're looking for the solution.

I'm feeling as grumpy about this as anyone believe me, but rage-posting here is just going to give them more to wade through while looking for relevant information on the issue. (Not that we aren't entitled to our feelings on the matter, we certainly are.)

Message 266 of 564 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
This has been happening to a friend of mine. His game worked fine for the 1st week of release but after that his game suddenly begins crashing to home screen with no error code given. He just gets dropped from mp. Also he gets kicked from the servers 100% of the time when he tries to buy a mp item pack crate.

My game crashed on day 1 of release with an error code but after that has run just fine.

Both of us can play the sp just fine with zero issues. It's just the mp.

We are both on PS4 with super deluxe editions on same internet of at&t running upload/download speeds of 8mbps with tier 1 connections. Living under same roof.

So this is definitely an issue but it seems to be affecting people either at random or is just hitting certain players for some weird reason.
Message 267 of 564 (369 Views)

★★★★ Novice
When facing a problem like this I find keeping your approach as logic as possible is important. Replicating and triggering the error in this case is inconsistent and that makes it hard to pin down, especially if you hope to find the cause on your own PC or console. So here is my thinking on this guys. The errors are taking place on the server side of the MP game. After literally doing everything possible to resolve this issue myself including all the support agents suggested actions I went further and tested my game on a friends PC who is playing the MP without issue and still had crashing. I of course went back to older drivers and tried that. Finally I wiped Windows 10 Installed the previous Nvida drivers and reinstalled the game. So a totally clean system and once again crash crash crash. So it's completely illogical to suggest it's anything else other than a problem on the EA server side. How else could you have one account working and another not on the same PC? How else could a clean installation of windows and the game not resolve the issue?

Message 268 of 564 (331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Disabling usage sharing in settings > online seems to reduce the number of crashes substantially but if anyone in a party has it on and they crash, you will too. Tested and verified with friends.

Message 269 of 564 (295 Views)

★ Guide
I've had that setting disabled since day one, i haven't been able to play any match in 3 days, literally zero success rate, i only luckily was able to solo a bronze mission once by myself from start to end, got about 35,000 xp points but lasted well over 30 minutes and was too intense to be played alone, won't be touching the game for a good month until a fix is attempted.
Message 270 of 564 (269 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help