Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Galaxy Map Crash

by Player_ib2shfpk

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem you did I talked to EA and there are looking into this matter. ill post again with what they say

Message 41 of 119 (765 Views)

★★ Newbie
Same. Did a scan and all the planets disappears can only see stars. This happened after the patch. Can't progress in my game. Could we get refunds at this point?
Message 42 of 119 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For what it's worth. For me (PC) following workaround seems to work, for now:

1) Travel to the system you want to go

2) leave the map

3) save

4) load that save

5) explore that system

6) repeat the steps for every travel between systems

for me the map is usable if I load a save, where the Tempest is already in the system I want to explore.

Apparantly the map gets correctly (re-)set or whatever, if the game loads a save and in doing so loads the galaxy map from scratch. By travelling the map seems to get completely knocked out of the coordinate system in the game. I guess once we're in-game the galaxy map doesn't get loaded completely new every time, but is calculated by shifting the existing map around. And that's where the errors are happening. Well, my guess anyway...

(Hopefully it really works consistently. Will see.)

Message 43 of 119 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just encountered this map bug, when scanning to initiate Cora's loyalty mission. Luckily I had a save file aboard the Tempest just prior. After a few attempts, instead of doing Resume, I opted to selectively load my last manual save, but before that I deleted those autosaves, figuring maybe the corruption was there. And why in Space Hamster's name are there *four* of them? Anyway, deleted those, selected my last manual save to proceed, and just to play it safe, I plotted a course to the Nexus, to be see if the issue was location specific or just generally with the map. No problems there, was able to complete Cora's mission and even do a bit of traveling around a couple other systems.

Hope this will help everyone else out there dealing with this nightmare.

Message 44 of 119 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Gah, this is so effing annoying, seriously. Paid for a super deluxe beta of what could be an awesome game. Unfortunately, can't even really continue since the galaxy map crashes constantly. Wow.

Message 45 of 119 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here but I was able to scan after the patch, I did it yesterday wiyhout any problem.

I'm not able now, with the new available planets, after main quest progress on Archon ship. 

Message 46 of 119 (683 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same here - map crashes when I try to go to second location for Safe Journeys quest.

RIG:

CPU Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz)
RAM 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit
Graphics Card ASUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Turbo 8GB GDDR5 (TURBO-GTX1080-8G)
Motherboard Asus PRIME Z270-P (Socket-1151, 4x DDR4, ATX)

ISP BT

Message 47 of 119 (637 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can not complete any quests that require me scan anything. Contagion, the little things, anything else that you have to use the galaxy map. I'm frustrated because I like the game I put a lot of time in it now it's barely playable. EA really missed an opportunity on this one here. Is there any timetable for a fix atleast?
Message 48 of 119 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After many reloads and experimentation, here's what worked for me on XB1...in Settings, turn down the Safe Zone adjustment until you see the white corner brackets. That will narrow the galaxy field where objects on the galaxy's edges will be interactable. Was able to continue with Cora's loyalty quest with the Asari ark by doing this. In the Little Things That Matter quest, send a probe to the Resource trackers, but DO NOT interact with them (A button). Back out of the system and fly to another (I disembarked on the Nexus, just to be safe). Fly back to the tracker; you can then interact with it and continue the quest. I would do the same thing with each tracker, though, until this bug is fixed. May not work with all platforms but it's what saved my knickers with both of these quests that involved sending probes.

Message 49 of 119 (626 Views)

★★ Newbie
This is driving me crazy. Any word on a fix?
Message 50 of 119 (612 Views)
Twitter Stream

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help