Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Major stuttering when fighting kett (PC)

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Major stuttering when fighting kett (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have a specific case of stuttering that seems to only happen while fighting a Kett Destined with a scoped automatic weapon, looking down the scope (I've duplicated it with the kett homing AR and that kett SMG you can craft, I forget the names).  I have not yet tried to duplicate it no-scope. No-scope does not trigger the stuttering. The game repeatedly freezes and unfreezes and the audio stutters.

Given how kett make up 90% of the enemies in the game you can see how this is a pain in the *.

Running Windows 10 x64, i7-6700k, 16 GB RAM, MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti with latest drivers (v. 378.92), Andromeda is installed on an internal HDD.  DxDiag is attached.

Message 1 of 4 (188 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

@StarSword-C Hi, can you check if you have any programs running called ASUS gamefirst? If so, please try disabling this and try again. We have reports of some combat stutters occurring if you have this software. 

Thanks. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (172 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@StarSword-C Hi, can you check if you have any programs running called ASUS gamefirst? If so, please try disabling this and try again. We have reports of some combat stutters occurring if you have this software. 

Thanks. 

Message 2 of 4 (173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

Thanks. 

I do not. The programs related to my ASUS mobo are RealTek HD Audio Manager, Sonic Suite 2, AI Suite 3, ROG RAMCACHE, and Keybot II (which is running but I'm not using it).

Spoke too soon.  I found ROG GameFirst III in the list of installed programs and in Task Manager.  I'll disable it and update the thread after I've tested.

Problem continued last night on the new Andromeda patch with the 381.65 Nvidia driver.

Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

Thanks. 

Ok, that seems to have solved it.  Bloody bloatware...

Message 4 of 4 (103 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help