Re: Major lags in game after NBA Live Mobile App Update

by Oxygen12192015

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Only one queastion...when? When EA will fix this game? ANy unformation you can shere will be good... My Leaague have 16 active players, and everybody expiriance this lag. Why tfixing a game take so much tim? Are EA programers dont know how to manege its product, this is not a new game, it is 3 years old. This is verry amateurish from EA.

Message 11 of 18 (1,293 Views)

Community Manager

@Bim0607 

The studio is still investigating into this after the latest update was released and we'll try to track down more information for you all as soon as possible. So far, changing the camera angle is a current workaround to improve in-game latency. If anyone here is aware of any additional steps outside of our general mobile troubleshooting, please share for the community. Thumbs up

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 18 (1,268 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having major lagging problems as well and it's not improving. 

My league had to omit me from league play because I can't properly time my shots, and was getting crushed on all drives.  

Mine happens most frequently in 5x5 play, very seldomly during one-player challenges and such. That said, it locks up sometimes when loading various items like packs/rewards or when moving into/out of a specific area of the game (challenges, showdown, etc.).

I hope you can fix it soon> This happens on both my iPad Pro and My Iphone XR, by the way. It's not the hardware messing up.

Message 13 of 18 (1,266 Views)

★ Apprentice

The two temporary workarounds are:

1) If it lags big time in a game, hit the pause button and wait say 10 seconds, and resume. If it continues to lag, pause it again and wait. At some point, it seems to recover and you can play normally without the lag.

2) If you're clicking between menus outside of a game/blitz and it starts lagging, click the back button and to go back to where you were heading. If it's lagging, don't hit the play button if that's the screen you're on before a game/blitz.

Message 14 of 18 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://twitter.com/Grant_a_cameron/status/1143148383537967104?s=19

1st video after 6 days. 

https://twitter.com/Grant_a_cameron/status/1148297488551620611?s=19

My third after 3 weeks

I've spent upwards of 800 GBP on this game in the past 2 years and its been trashed over the past 12 months. Please sack the game developers they obviously have no idea how to manage or create a decent game or campaigns. Showdown masters have been the same 5 players all season long and updated whenever the feeling takes them. They've been out of date by the time the majority can get them. Take it offline, close the store and fix the game. It's not rockets science.. 😉

Message 15 of 18 (1,176 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for all for your patience. The team has a fix in the works and we'll provide an update as soon as possible!

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 18 (1,173 Views)

Community Manager

Please keep us updated on what game modes you are experiencing lag in and any workaround fixes you find while the team is still investigating this. 

UPDATE: R15.1 release on July 15, 2019

• This release will reduce the lag users are experiencing. Varying by device, some users may still encounter a lag upon launch of the game. We are still researching this issue and will update you on our progress.

Patch Notes

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 18 (1,169 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I still have a horrible lag with the update. I have done alllll the steps. I have a samsung note 9 and I have a very fast wifi. 

2 min to play a drive is not even fun. You cannot get very far into a groove. 

I have stopped buying content in this game and more into my fishing game sorry EA. 

I was so into this game again but your updates of reduced clock time really eliminates me being able to use my 5 clutch players. Before I had nearly a minute but now its less than 30 seconds. 

How do you take so many steps back with game like this? 

Message 18 of 18 (1,158 Views)