Major connection issues for germans

by CauseAPEX

Original Post

Major connection issues for germans

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

A ton of germans have connection issues since 25/03/2020

Proof: 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-Fragen/Unable-to-connect-to-EA-servers/td-p/8877573
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-Fragen/Verbindung-zu-den-EA-Servern-nicht-moglich-Ps4/m-p/88795...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-Fragen/Apex-Legends-Spielersuche-liste-wird-empfangen-Ps4/m-p/7...

Changing DNS, IP config resets or whatever, portforwarding doesn't help.

Forwarding this to EA and some clarity would be appreciated.

The mods just seem dead in the german localized forum.

Message 1 of 10 (721 Views)

Re: Major connection issues for germans

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @CauseAPEX 

If you don't know on its support page Microsoft states that: every version of Windows 10 and Windows Server can be impacted by a bug from an update(March 2020) which can slow or stops software and apps from accessing the Internet.

Microsoft says  :

Devices using a manual or auto-configured proxy, especially with a virtual private network (VPN), might show limited or no internet connection status in the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) in the notification area. This might happen when connected or disconnected to a VPN or after changing state between the two. Devices with this issue, might also have issues reaching the internet using applications that use WinHTTP or WinInet. Examples of apps that might be affected on devices in this state are as follows but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, Office365, Outlook, Internet Explorer 11, and some version of Microsoft Edge.”

- yahel_1

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 10 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CauseAPEX I'm located in India and I've been having this problem too. I'm experiencing massive packet loss and the ping is not great either. The ping before was 48-54 but now is all over the place sometimes going upwards of 190 to 200.
All this started with the COVID quarantine for me.
Message 3 of 10 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@yahel_1 wrote:

Hi @CauseAPEX 

If you don't know on its support page Microsoft states that: every version of Windows 10 and Windows Server can be impacted by a bug from an update(March 2020) which can slow or stops software and apps from accessing the Internet.

Microsoft says  :

Devices using a manual or auto-configured proxy, especially with a virtual private network (VPN), might show limited or no internet connection status in the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) in the notification area. This might happen when connected or disconnected to a VPN or after changing state between the two. Devices with this issue, might also have issues reaching the internet using applications that use WinHTTP or WinInet. Examples of apps that might be affected on devices in this state are as follows but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, Office365, Outlook, Internet Explorer 11, and some version of Microsoft Edge.”

- yahel_1

I grabbed the updates that are supposed to fix the microsoft issue, so far no problems but I'll check later. Feel like the issues mostly occur around 6pm-10pm.

Will let you know

Message 4 of 10 (626 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

nope , still an issue Frown

Message 5 of 10 (584 Views)

★ Novice

Was about to make a post about it, but I'm glad I'm not alone with these problems. Weirdest thing for me is "preloading party members" when playing alone, lol. Or I can not q for ranked twice without restarting because I'm not level 10 while I'm level 177.

Message 6 of 10 (568 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@CauseAPEX  thanks for your feedback mate.

And post here the link with the update from Microsoft in the forum, to help others with the same problem.Fingers crossed

- yahel_1

Retired champion.
Message 7 of 10 (545 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there a chance this might be a problem due to the ISP? Have read that many Telekom Kunden might have problems yet all my buddies having a different ISP have no problems at all.

Message 8 of 10 (509 Views)

★ Novice

@ssjGokuuu wrote:

Is there a chance this might be a problem due to the ISP? Have read that many Telekom Kunden might have problems yet all my buddies having a different ISP have no problems at all.

Yup me and all of my friends who have Telekom are having this issue

Message 9 of 10 (501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here!

Message 10 of 10 (469 Views)