Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Major Lag

by demanspeed

Original Post

Major Lag

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

People are literally freezing frames as I get into combat. It’s an unplayable experience.  I have gigabit internet speeds. The game has been out for 9 months. Why is this still an issue?  

Message 1 of 3 (96 Views)

Re: Major Lag

★★★★ Novice

Me too. This is an issue for me with server prediction. I monitor my latency with another program since Apex doesn't have real-time latency information just symbols. I'm shown to have 30ms in that app, and Apex keeps showing a prediction error,  has never been an issue for me until season 3. Now the game feels unplayable. Terrible net code.

Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: Major Lag

★★★★ Novice

I don’t want to sound like a hater. I actually really enjoy this game when it’s working. But come on man, why is this a thing still? Spent all this time actually making, balancing and refining this game only to have server issues still persist almost a year into its release. Is this out of Respawns hands?  Do they even care?  Is this related to the game engine?  Just seems like a lot of work went into this game and it’s being ruined by server issues. When I consider a game good, I look at all facets, including what’s on the back end connecting people to the experience they have created.  

Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help