Major Lag

by ThisGameBlows

Original Post

Major Lag

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

People are literally freezing frames as I get into combat. It’s an unplayable experience.  I have gigabit internet speeds. The game has been out for 9 months. Why is this still an issue?  

Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: Major Lag

★★ Guide

Me too. This is an issue for me with server prediction. I monitor my latency with another program since Apex doesn't have real-time latency information just symbols. I'm shown to have 30ms in that app, and Apex keeps showing a prediction error,  has never been an issue for me until season 3. Now the game feels unplayable. Terrible net code.

Message 2 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: Major Lag

★★★ Apprentice

I don’t want to sound like a hater. I actually really enjoy this game when it’s working. But come on man, why is this a thing still? Spent all this time actually making, balancing and refining this game only to have server issues still persist almost a year into its release. Is this out of Respawns hands?  Do they even care?  Is this related to the game engine?  Just seems like a lot of work went into this game and it’s being ruined by server issues. When I consider a game good, I look at all facets, including what’s on the back end connecting people to the experience they have created.  

Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)