Re: Main Screen Kick Xbox One

by Argamasticator

Original Post

Main Screen Kick Xbox One

★ Novice

The times are random since I have seen it when I stop playing for a bit and randomly after I die and quit a game it kicks me to the Main menu but will not let me continue. This has been going on for some time and I have re downloaded the game several times at this point and it is not my controller since I am able to sign out and back in using the game menu I just cant continue into the game. The only fix I have found is force quiting the game and opening it back up which isnt too annoying but can be since I have to do it quite often. Is there a way to fix this so I dont have to force quit the game every time or I just have to deal.

Thank you in advanced.

Message 1 of 5 (401 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @Argamasticator!

Do you happen to be installing the game on an external hard drive or do you have anything plugged into the USB slot that's not a controller wire?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (374 Views)

★ Novice

I just changed to an external drive for this game and 2 others that I play a lot but I did have it on the internal originally and its still doing the same thing

Message 3 of 5 (367 Views)

Community Manager

@Argamasticator 

Can you try uninstalling the game while the external hard drive is plugged in, then unplug it and then restart your Xbox One. While the external hard drive is still unplugged, go to your games library and check to see if any files of Apex Legends is in there. If so, clear the saved game data for it and then uninstall the remaining amount. Reinstall the game on the internal drive and try launching the game without connecting the external drive.

What type of external drive do you have? Is it an official Xbox One external hard drive?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (350 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I can try and its a wd SSD 

Message 5 of 5 (346 Views)