Re: Main Menu Loading veeeeeeeeeery Slow

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Main Menu Loading veeeeeeeeeery Slow

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone else I experiencing the same issue; but for the last couple of weeks whenever I fire up Apex Legends and when I get to the main menu, my main menu lags badly with the characters unable to load or that they load very slow. One of my thoughts is that perhaps it has something to do with all the server issues I've been hearing about. 

If this is something that everyone else is experiencing too, then I'll await patiently for a bug fix to arrive.

Message 1 of 9 (3,082 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NitefireOP

Have you had the chance to try repairing Apex Legends in Origin to see if that helps at all? If there's an issue with the game data a repair might help. 

If you right-click on the game in the Origin client you should see the Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know if you're still seeing any weird issues with the menu loading afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (3,015 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Yup I tried that even reformatted my drive. What I've found is that Apex's menu loading times are not consistent. on the one hand it can load with no problem and I can instantly join a game, at other times it will load very slow and I cannot pinpoint any time consistencies.

I'm really hoping it's a server issue and that in time it will be resolved, but it's been going on for over 2 weeks now.
Message 3 of 9 (2,997 Views)

Community Manager

@NitefireOP 

When you've got a chance could you grab a DxDiag and share it here so we can take a look? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,968 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

here it is, thanks!

Message 5 of 9 (2,946 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

in various times when my game loads painfully slow, sometimes I get timed out.

Message 6 of 9 (2,904 Views)

Community Manager

@NitefireOP 

Got it, thanks!

I'm wondering if this might actually be connection-related in that case. Can we try running through some connectivity steps to see if that helps improve the load times? 

First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. If it still happens after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know if you're still seeing any of the same issues happening after that. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 9 (2,889 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent I will try the steps you've recommended above. In the meantime, could a slow internet connection be a factor when playing battle royale games like Apex (in general)?
Message 8 of 9 (2,883 Views)

Community Manager

@NitefireOP 

A slow internet connection could definitely be a factor. Are you having some issues with your network? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,853 Views)