Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by P33ingGamer

Original Post

Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

★ Novice

I guess I won't be playing NFL 19 - the requirement for SSE 4.x means my Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition is out of the running; wish that the minimum requirements would state the need for certain SSE (or other special) support.

Saddest part is, I looked for the AMD FX-4330 (as i use an AMD socket board) to see how far out of my budget it is... and it isn't even released yet? Wouldn't that mean that the minimum requirement should be the FX-4300 - which is released and has the SSE 4.x instruction set (even being 6 years old)?

I know that, eventually, I need to get an upgraded CPU (well, a whole new PC build), but everything has run fine until NFL 19  - which, for someone who doesn't tend to like sports games, was the first game I was looking forward to playing. I could probably upgrade to the 4300 (it isn't too expensive) but im not going to do a small upgrade that will be obsolete itself before long.

Probably should have done my research before going Origin Premier Access - but at least there are plenty of other games I get with that membership.

Message 61 of 185 (4,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ok, i got it to work.  i tried to emulate SSE with a Phenom II 1055 (using intel's dev kit SSE emulator). The game now works but it's super slow.

i even just set 3 cores to run the game and 3 cores for emulation and it's still slow.

so for anyone with a Phenom II or CPU without SSE 4 this is what is causing the game to crash as soon as the gameplay starts.

Hopefully the game is patched so that it can run without SSE, otherwise you will have to upgrade your CPU.

Message 62 of 185 (4,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Barry just wondering if there is a link where we could check the patch notes of madden 19 for pc? You know, so we can see when the issue is fixed Standard smile thanks

Message 63 of 185 (4,085 Views)

Community Manager

@abc1828375227

Any patch-notes should be posted on the EA Sports News page: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news

barry.png
Message 64 of 185 (4,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Is this is even something ea plans on patching. Or are they just making us wait for a politically correct way to say "what did you expect for 14.99".

Message 65 of 185 (3,945 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing keeps happening with me in franchise mode - usually when practising or during a game. My system is fine for running the game.

Also, separate bug i noticed in franchise mode, if I change the uniforms for a game, Madden crashes, I go back into the same game, the teams will be in their default uniforms, not the ones I chose when I started the game.  

Message 66 of 185 (3,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So I am still experiencing this issue (game crashes to desktop right after starting it).  I noticed there are a lot of 'crash dump' logs (example file name:   CrashDump_2018.08.13_20.35.00.766.mdmp)   in my C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Madden NFL 19\CrashDumps folder - maybe they are helpful in diagnosing the issue?

@EA_Barry - will providing this info be useful to help find the root cause(s) of this frustrating issue?  Not sure if there is user-sensitive info in this file, so I'm not going to post it here, yet.

Message 67 of 185 (3,908 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the exact same problem and none of the solutions listed in this thread have seemed to help. DxDiag attached.  When the game is launched I momentarily see a window open titled Madden 19 (this process also shows up in the task manager) at which point after a few seconds it will close and not provide me with any specific error.  Any feedback would be much appreciated as to why I am getting this error and how to fix it.

Message 68 of 185 (3,899 Views)

★★ Novice

How likely is a fix for the sse4.2 "problem"? Is it worth checking contantly? 

Message 69 of 185 (3,859 Views)

Community Manager

@plobiop@Oliverklosof

As I posted a few days ago, we are looking into compatibility regarding older CPUs.

I know everyone is eager to play and I will update this thread as soon as we have some solid info to share.

barry.png
Message 70 of 185 (3,820 Views)