Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by 01DZ01

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

As everyone has said this isnt a requirement issue .cause if it was my computer wouldn't be doing the same thing. It's brand new and only game it can't run is Madden. That would mean it's you guys with the problem not us. Fix it. 

Message 91 of 185 (3,739 Views)

★★ Novice

this sucks.
classic EA, they completely alienate half the fan base that has waited forever for this game. 
the reason it isnt working, as others have noted, is because the anti-piracy protection uses SSE 4.2 which is not handled by "older" processors. So even though I can play fortnite, I cannot play a game I paid for because of anti-piracy protection. How does that even make sense?

So I want my money back, and will just wait for the pirates to remove the Denuvo DRM, then my processor will play the game.

Do you understand that EA? I want to pay for this game, but I actually can not due to the anti-piracy coding, but I will be able to play the pirated version. How dumb are you, EA?

Message 92 of 185 (3,692 Views)

★★ Novice

Just a quick note, when I follow the instructions to do SSE emulation found on this video, I can get into a game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XeEyYkOQ-U

But it runs so slow its not worth it. 

This is not an issue with your motherboards or processors - this is EA using a copyright protection method, that you bought, that is not compatible with your hardware, even though the game itself, that you bought, IS compatible with your hardware. Doesnt anyone see how messed up this is? The game will actually run fine, its the copyright protection, which I DONT NEED SINCE I BOUGHT THE GAME, that is causing a problem.  EA is treating its valid customers like thieves, and in the end, the only version of madden i will be able to play is a pirated one, so if I ant to play madden on PC, I literally have to steal it because the version I WANT to pay money for includes extra software (spyware?) that wont run on my computer.

This should be illegal.

Message 93 of 185 (3,638 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is definitely not correct.  My roommate and I both have the same issue.  I have an i7 7700k and he has an i7 8770k.   I have a 1080ti with 16GB of RAM . Just want to make sure bad info doesn't spread.   This happened shortly after the update.

Message 94 of 185 (3,570 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@JPM51276 wrote:

It's not just older PC's or AMD

I have  a computer from November last year

running an ASUS poseidon GTX1080Ti and i having problems with the game when saving and loading it just exits back and crashes

back to my destop,

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 1301 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 65208MB RAM
Page File: 15050MB used, 50357MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Just wondering if you found a fix to this problem? Having the same crashing issue with loading and saving in my franchise.

Message 95 of 185 (3,555 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Agreed, many of us are experiencing this issue only after the update. The game worked fine before, its just plain lazy to say that we dont meet the minimum requirements.

Here's an idea: instead of pinning the issue on our supposedly crappy processors that can't handle the game (even though it ran fine before), FIX THE DAMN ERROR.

Message 96 of 185 (3,555 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would like EA to respond to the people who can't launch the game with modern brand new hardware please.

Message 97 of 185 (3,505 Views)

★★ Novice

Unbelievable! EA is NOT the company they used to be. poor decision after poor decision. 

I went from joy and excitement, learning Madden made it's way back to the PC, but then a flood of disappiontment  after the game took 2 hours to install, then crashed every time I tried to play a game. 

I got an immediate refund and I'll go back to life with no NFL on the PC as I've been doing. 

Done with EA

Message 98 of 185 (3,490 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unbelievable i have no words, please EA tell us something

Message 99 of 185 (3,488 Views)

★★ Novice
First time posting here so I hope this works. I tried all the above things to try to get this problem fixed and nothing worked. But I was just messing around on my computer after all hope was lost and I fixed the problem. I am not that computer savvy so I don’t know what or how it worked but this is what I did and my current laptop.
Msi GE72MVR 7rg Apache pro.
I7 7700 hq
Gtx 1070 8 gnc
16 gnc ram.

So nothing seemed to work. I had previously played about 5 hours. After the last update I’d click on the game and the cloud sync would run but it would stay on the origin home screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling cleared cache etc. absolutely nothing worked. Until just now. I verified it worked and played two games before I wrote the fix I was lucky enough to find.
I run bitdefender and click on “one click optimizer” let it run. After that I clicked on optimize. Bitdefender says “your system is optimized”.

Now it works. Have no idea why that worked but it did.
Message 100 of 185 (3,460 Views)