Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by kaisersosecl

Original Post

★★ Novice

I completely agree with you @typicalintrovert

It is definitely a code issue, bad bad coding. And the solution is to upgrade minimum requirements? Absolutely joke.

I have an i7 950 and it also crashes when loading a game. Error message attached. Already reinstalled the drivers, to no use. Also tried with a 680 gtx and game wont even load.

Will ask for a refund. Origin/EA sucked on this one.

Message 81 of 185 (2,815 Views)

★ Apprentice

Fixing your minimum system requirements is not a solution.  We have waited 11 years for this game to be available on PC again and now we have to get a refund, because EA couldn't be bothered to get it to run on a very common and still powerful enough older CPU?  I can play other recent games that run on the Frostbite engine with better requirements, but not Madden 19?  This is unacceptable and needs to be patched.

Message 82 of 185 (2,796 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

This is not a min requirement issue, it's an issue with SSE4/coding. 

I've tested this by running SSE software emulation on a phenom II and the game runs without crashing. Without the emulation the game crashes. Phenom II thurban processors have more than enough power to run this game.

Seems like this can easily be patched (as per other recent AAA titles with the SSE issue).  But looks like EA has no desire to patch the issue. 

Let's hope they don't botch FIFA 19 like this .

Message 83 of 185 (2,763 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a Ryzen 7 1700X, so minimum spec is not the issue here... kindly waiting on a response @EA_Barry  

Message 84 of 185 (2,739 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm skeptical as well.   I have a i7 Haswell CPU and have the CTD issue too.  The revised min specs does not explain or solve my issue.

Message 85 of 185 (2,738 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I guess I'll just go and play every other game out there on my 7 year old processor instead.

Still very strange how I could play the game to a certain point and then get CTD... hmmm CODE much? 

Bless EAs little cotton socks for thinking Madden needs a higher minimum spec

Message 86 of 185 (2,687 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Called it. Didn't expect anything else from a company like EA. Such a cheap and irresponsible "fix". The graphics on long shot are so horrid and the ones in game aren't even that much better than the normal cartoon ones of maddens past. You had one job when porting to pc after 10 years of not doing so and you miserably failed. So many free to play and early access games look 10 times better than madden 19 and can run at least 10-30 fps faster than the refresh rate on my monitor and don't have coding issues because "cpu is old". Blatantly obvious your just catering to people with more money to spend on ultimate team points, that's where the moneys at. Screw being a respectable and decent company. Make a pc game and blame the end user for coding issues what a f***ing joke of a company. I was planning on playing it on pc till i could afford an xbox one then go all in on ultimate team now i doubt ill ever buy an ea game again.

Ps: YOU HAD ONE JOB EA

Message 87 of 185 (2,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's not just older PC's or AMD

I have  a computer from November last year

running an ASUS poseidon GTX1080Ti and i having problems with the game when saving and loading it just exits back and crashes

back to my destop,

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 1301 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 65208MB RAM
Page File: 15050MB used, 50357MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Message 88 of 185 (2,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry

is this the last word on the topic that all owners of an AMD Phenom 2 can not play this game and will not be able to play this game with an AMD Phenom 2 in the future?

Message 89 of 185 (2,600 Views)

★★ Novice

I still hope that they will get that fixed. Cant be so hard...

The only Game i truly wanted to play for years. The only unpatched Game I cant play because of SSE4.1 Instruction Set. I have no words. 

Message 90 of 185 (2,365 Views)