Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by EvChBa

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

its no Solution, its like Barry restricted a Hack or something,  the only way we can be helped its that EA patching the SSE4 Problem.

Message 21 of 185 (5,112 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

man... this is some poo.  So excited for this to come back, and now you tell me my CPU doesn't support it?  I hope you guys address the issue and post an SSE fix for older Phenom processors.  My systems still runs fantastic and can play most games at Ultra 1080p...so don't tell me it's "too old" as I've seen here.  Please a little more recognition of the issue and hopefully intent to address.  You've had to do it with other games.  I am an Origin subscriber and I have been able to play every single game I've downloaded....some that supposedly had the same issue.  So, it's not like you aren't aware of it.

I guarantee you I was going to upgrade to Access Premier, but can't do that now if the #1 game I want isn't playable....and I can assume other games will be the same (and other subscribers will think the same).

Battlefield 1 - no issues, also using Frostbite engine.  Battlefront 1 and 2, NFS PAyback - no issues.  etc etc....

I've have wasted a good hour or two trying different graphics settings and other tweaks to get it to run until I finally looked it up to see this and other threads.  There are a lot of out there still!  Please don't neglect the savvy (or poor) who still grind away with a nearly 10 year old processor.  

Message 22 of 185 (5,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is the classic PC gaming complaint "hur dur why won't my 10 year old hardware run this modern AAA game".  Well, because you're using 10 year old hardware.

You can't expect everything under the sun to run on antiquated equipment and I don't think it's fair to slam the dev's for not supporting a legacy product. 

PC is amazing, but you have to be reasonable here.  There are many many many different hardware configurations and it might just be what you have 

was not created in mind with the software you are trying to run.  Them's the breaks.  If that doesn't work there is an easier more affordable option, it's called a console.

Not trying to be rude but honestly it's a good alternative if your PC is outdated and you don't want to shell out for the upgrade.

EDIT:  Also just wanted to add Barry gave you some possible solutions to your problem, there's not much else to be done sans reworking the Frostbite Engine and Madden's usage of it.  

(ie. not happening).

Message 23 of 185 (5,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Younever_know8,  pls read........    We can run any other game with our phenom, its not the cpu its to weak...   The Only Problem that its was programmed Badly.

The Problem isnt the CPU its 10 years old - The Problem its that Games in the last 10 Years didnt Need more powerful CPU´s...

Message 24 of 185 (5,071 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

this issue is not solved and younever_know8 response is completely ignorant. I'm running a 14/28 broadwell EP xeon and a gtx 1080Ti, and i get crashes to desktop as soon as the ball is kicked or i get tackled. my nvidia drivers are up to date and every other game i have is working. this is a REAL PROBLEM it cannot just be swept under the carpet or waved away saying that somebodys PC specs arent strong enough. it could be an issue but it is NOT the cause of the issue seeing as my PC which is far stronger than requirements gets CTD.

Message 25 of 185 (5,023 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
How did you decide the mistake? The link you published has been blocked on the forum.
Message 26 of 185 (5,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

Joining into this thread, I also get crashes without error. Can't even start the game. Not an SSE problem since I'm using an i7 4790. Game crashes immediately, no error.

Possibly related to this?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Madden-19-crash-without-error/m-p/6961951#M331

Message 27 of 185 (4,875 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here... Got a phenom 955 quad core runningat 4GHz overclocked, but it crashes without an error. The wierd thing is I can play longshot up to the diner scene, I eve play the drive in trainong cam with wade and lear the different passes, but then suddenly I just get thrown out...

@P33ingGamer how did you fix it? I would really appreciate the help :-)

Message 28 of 185 (4,846 Views)

Community Manager

@abc1828375227@P33ingGamer@Hilgyman@Spake_BeFree@typicalintrovert

We are investigating crashing issues with older (but relatively high performance) CPUs and I will post again with our findings.

barry.png
Message 29 of 185 (4,795 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I will wait )
Message 30 of 185 (4,784 Views)