Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

★★★★★ Novice

I have origin access basic, every time I try to launch Madden it does launch, loads for less than half a second and then crashes to desktop, without ahowinganys error message.

I tried many things such launching Origin as admin, launching the game as admin, launching the game with in game origin and cloud off, installed my Nvidia driver, reinstalled the game, repaired the game, not working windowed mode nor fullscreeb mode.

I put origin in my AVGs exceptions and it didn't work as well, the game just keeps crashing to desktop.

I have windows 10 and I was thinking trying to disable UAC and see if that works, but before this I wanted to present my problem here abdseea if there are any other solutions?

Message 1 of 185 (9,675 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@plobiop@P33ingGamer@kk_md92@MagJes@typicalintrovert

After some investigation, we have found that the minimum requirements for this game are a little higher than previously stated.

The issue seems to be mostly related to older AMD CPUs, particularly older Phenom and AMD FX CPUs, but other CPUs may also be affected.

I initially thought he problem was those CPUs lacking the instruction set extensions SSE 4.1/4.2.

It turns out this is not exactly the issue but the cause of the incompatibility is closely related to that.

We are in the process of updating the minimum requirements on our web pages.

When the system requirements are updated, you can check if your system meets those and if not, you can request a refund on the basis of not meeting the requirements.

The min. spec. for the CPU currently say: CPU: i3-4350 or equivalent passmark, so when this is updated, you can then act accordingly.

The specs can be seen here: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/madden/madden-19#store-page-section-requirements

We do apologise for the disappointment this may cause affected players.

*marked as solution for player visibility

barry.png

View in thread

Message 79 of 185 (10,899 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

So I just found out that my UAC was off all this time so that's not it either, what can be the problem and how can I fix it?

Also, I do have Directx 12 so not the problem

Message 2 of 185 (9,632 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@P33ingGamer

Can you post your Dxdiag report here so we can take a look please?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 185 (9,606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry and attach the file to a replay here?
Message 4 of 185 (9,602 Views)

Community Manager

@P33ingGamer

Yes please, there is no private info in that file so there is no issue in that regard, thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 185 (9,600 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry as of right now I'm not in reach of my pc so for right now, I'll say this.

I ran a check on Can You Run It and the only minimum requirement my pc didn't reach was my cpu I believe, does it affect it that much? or is there anything that can be done about this?

Message 6 of 185 (9,593 Views)

Community Manager

@P33ingGamer

If your CPU does not meet the requirements, you will not be able to play. The issue may not be one of speed but rather compatibility regarding Instruction Set Extensions as I mention in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Always-Crash-to-desktop-PC/m-p/6953898

barry.png
Message 7 of 185 (9,586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry I do run Mirror's Edge Catalyst tho, and I do run other games that my cpu supposedly can't run like GTA V and WWE 2K18, and many other, only with Madden I have this problem

Message 8 of 185 (9,585 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 9 of 185 (9,579 Views)

Community Manager

@P33ingGamer

Your CPU is a bit below min spec as it has two cores but no hyperthreading and also no AVX2 (ISE)

Install any available Windows Updates and perform a clean boot before retrying: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, your machine may be defaulting to your Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your NVIDIA GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Madden NFL 19\Madden19.exe
  6. Select Madden19.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.
barry.png
Message 10 of 185 (10,718 Views)