Re: Madden NFL 19 (PC): Turn off Ingame Voice Chat?

by ImaruningbulsI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden NFL 19 (PC): Turn off Ingame Voice Chat?

★★★ Novice

A friend of mine and myself have the issue that we cannot mute the Ingame voice if we play H2H. We tried to reduce the mic & speaker level in the Origin voice settings to 0 and also set the activation to push-to-talk. But we still hear our voices ...

The existing solutions like "Origin > menu top left > Origin > Application Settings > Voice" doesnt work for me as I dont have any option to disable voice chat.

Message 1 of 23 (13,773 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for bringing this top our attention, I've collected all of the necessary information and sent it over to our dedicate teams. I apologize for this inconvenience, honestly I play online and I know that the in-game communications (especially with heavy breathers...) isn't the best.

I've been looking around for workaround for you guys in the meantime, one redditor has opted with the following in the meantime:

Spoiler
Madden uses Window’s default recording device in the sounds settings. Just change the default device in there and then manually set your microphone on Discord or whatever communication program you’re using.

I'll keep you in the loop if there are any more updates on this.

Accepting as a solution to give this response more visibility. This does not mean this is the final solution, it means we are investigating and trying to fix it! Standard smile 

Roger.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 23 (14,335 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Same Problem here.

It would be nice the know how the mute this Voice Chat.

Message 2 of 23 (13,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed.. this appears to be a Madden 16..17..18... and now 19 problem that hasn't been fixed.... is there a "kids" mode, like fifa?

Message 3 of 23 (13,230 Views)

★★★ Novice

You should be able to mute what if your in game with some 10 year old kid I dont want to hear or talk to them. I might say something bad lol,

Message 4 of 23 (12,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This is ridicolous...i can't do anything.

BUT

If you go with your friend to a voice chat room in Origin client, it prevents any other voice communication, including the Madden NFL voice comm. Just set all voice volumes in origin to 0, and also pick the push-to-talk option.

Voilá! You can talk with your friend on Discord etc...without in game echoing.

There's no solution yet for playing with random players... Frown

Message 5 of 23 (12,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for bringing this top our attention, I've collected all of the necessary information and sent it over to our dedicate teams. I apologize for this inconvenience, honestly I play online and I know that the in-game communications (especially with heavy breathers...) isn't the best.

I've been looking around for workaround for you guys in the meantime, one redditor has opted with the following in the meantime:

Spoiler
Madden uses Window’s default recording device in the sounds settings. Just change the default device in there and then manually set your microphone on Discord or whatever communication program you’re using.

I'll keep you in the loop if there are any more updates on this.

Accepting as a solution to give this response more visibility. This does not mean this is the final solution, it means we are investigating and trying to fix it! Standard smile 

Roger.png
Message 6 of 23 (14,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Lmao how did y'all forget to add a mute button?
Message 7 of 23 (11,445 Views)

★ Novice

FIX THIS!!!

Message 8 of 23 (11,073 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also I not sure if makes a difference but i have an asus strix pro sound card and if Im talking to someone on DISORd start the game up, will will put my mic up all the and the sound goes crazy. I think its all part of the same problem but thought I would bring it to yourattention. And in I have both "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "give exclusive mode applications priority" unchecked in the microphone properties.

Message 9 of 23 (10,733 Views)

Hearing pigs in h2h

★★★★ Novice

So I am still forced to listen to pigs while playing online?  why not give us the option to turn off voice chat?

Message 10 of 23 (10,388 Views)