Madden Keeps Losing Connection To Opponent!

by treexel

Original Post

Re: Madden Keeps Losing Connection To Opponent!

Community Manager

@realhevylevy 

Try checking your router for a firmware update. Also, is your ethernet cable old and possibly damaged? You should be using at least a Cat6 cable. Also, has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if any of that helps or not. 

Aljo.png
Message 21 of 43 (3,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue. Started up the last month or so. Sometimes I get 10 minutes in, sometimes I get down to the 2 minute warning. Always says I disconnect from EA servers and kicks me to the main menu.
There was no change in my internet setup that would cause these drop outs to start. I did take my Xbox off of the xbox insider program, but I don’t expect that to be related.

I tried your suggestion to change the DNS settings but have yet to play again.

This also makes me wonder why EA doesn’t allow for saved game data to be maintained when playing against someone in online franchise. It does this already for online franchise when you play the AI/CPU. What is stopping EA from saving data to protect against drop outs/rage quit full resets?

Message 22 of 43 (2,865 Views)

Community Manager

@TheLastFreeMason 

Did you also try the power cycling steps I mentioned?

Aljo.png
Message 23 of 43 (2,845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did try to power cycle my router when I first had the problem. If I remember correctly it didn’t fix it. I stopped playing that night out of frustration. The next day I didn’t have any issues. Next time I played, the issues came back.

Message 24 of 43 (2,834 Views)

★★ Novice

It's August of 2022 and Madden 23 just came out and I am STILL having this issue. Ive swapped between wired and wireless and have good connection on both. The series X is right next to the router.

I've lost at least 20 games right at the beginning of any online game and my record is like 12-23....Madden must really just be a copy and paste every year. I can't play a Franchise Game or H2H

Message 25 of 43 (2,829 Views)

Community Manager

@TheLastFreeMason 

Thanks for getting back to me. Next, try clearing the alternate MAC address with these instructions:

Go to your Xbox Settings
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 26 of 43 (2,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is BS because I have a wired connection and I keep losing games because I keep getting disconnected  I’m so sick of this * I dealt with it all madden 22 and now it’s happening on madden 22 EA refuses to fix this problem 

Message 27 of 43 (2,635 Views)

Community Manager

@hectorg2418 

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting in this thread?

Aljo.png
Message 28 of 43 (2,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there a certain speed madden is playable at? I can play any other game with no interruptions but I can’t even sit at the madden Home Screen for more than 10 minutes sometimes. I don’t think this problem has anything to do with the connection on our end, and it is extremely frustrating dealing with this. Cannot get through any franchise games anymore.

Message 29 of 43 (2,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same * keeps happening to me .. except I’m wired in with fiber .. literally the fastest internet.. (4 losses because of disconnection , when I was winning) I’m honestly irritated AsF

Message 30 of 43 (2,469 Views)