Madden 20 PC will not play fullscreen

by Loadtheirig

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 20 PC will not play fullscreen

★★★ Apprentice

Cannot get game to go fullscreen, screen shots show version of graphics card and drivers, version of windows and what settings are set at in game.  Have tried all noted fixes with no change. What is the issue here

Load

Message 1 of 6 (5,652 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 20 PC will not play fullscreen

★ Novice

I had the same problem. Nothing worked. Alt+Enter gave me the windows error sound, changing the setting to windowed and back to fullscreen did nothing, nothing did anything, it was stuck in windowed mode for no reason. So I removed the game via Origin and then redownloaded it, and suddenly it worked, back in full-screen, even though all my settings and everything were exactly the same. Though, I realize that solution is very dumb, and also might not be possible for people with limited bandwidth or who have data caps.

Now if only I didn't also have to set the priority of the game to "real time" every time I boot up the game in order to stop it from constantly stuttering...

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (4,788 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Loadtheirig That's really odd. Can you try holding down ALT and pressing Enter to force fullscreen?
EACade
Message 2 of 6 (5,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to go into graphics change to window, apply the settings and then change to fullscreen and it will switch. You could also be experiencing the same thing going on with me which is none of my settings are saving on PC. 

Message 3 of 6 (5,623 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you solve it? I have the same problem, my screen goes black when the game is full screen.

Message 4 of 6 (5,589 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No not yet, have not had the time to do so.  The only other thing I just found amd has a new driver out. Am installing today, will post if it fixes the issue

Load

Message 5 of 6 (5,551 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem. Nothing worked. Alt+Enter gave me the windows error sound, changing the setting to windowed and back to fullscreen did nothing, nothing did anything, it was stuck in windowed mode for no reason. So I removed the game via Origin and then redownloaded it, and suddenly it worked, back in full-screen, even though all my settings and everything were exactly the same. Though, I realize that solution is very dumb, and also might not be possible for people with limited bandwidth or who have data caps.

Now if only I didn't also have to set the priority of the game to "real time" every time I boot up the game in order to stop it from constantly stuttering...

Message 6 of 6 (4,789 Views)