Madden 20 PC not launching

by Haggerty00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 20 PC not launching

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Unable to launch Madden 20 PC.  I just got the game, was able to play a game in franchise.  After the game I had players that needed to be upgraded so the game crashed, my friends tell me this is a common bug and I have to restart the game.  When I restart it acts like it is launching but then goes back to Origin.  I've rebooted, updated video drivers, re-installed game.  The only time that game has worked since then was when it was downloading.  I was able to play a bit of the pro bowl and then the game closed when the download was at 100%.  After it finished installing I tried to launch again only to get the same thing.  Back to Origin.

I have also reinstalled Origin and moved the game to the same hard drive as origin.

Message 1 of 7 (2,788 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 20 PC not launching

★★ Novice

I spent many hours troubleshooting and 4 useless chats with support.  Ended up re-installing windows and now it works.  Every other game in the world was working just fine, not sure what would cause it to be my Windows install.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,670 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@Haggerty00 I have same issue. Started two days ago and cant load anything since. Tried most of the other blog recommendations. Must be something that will clear this up or atleast let me test and eliminate certain sources
Message 2 of 7 (2,713 Views)

★ Novice

I bought this game for Xbox a few days before Christmas and have had nothing but problems with it from day one. It's the worst video game I've ever seen. My games won't save, I had to start Face of the franchise over 6 times and my regular franchise 4 times. Every few days I have to clear my local saved games cache. I have played 1 game straight through without the game lagging, freezing and kicking me back to the home screen. Then when it boots me back to the home screen, it won't launch when I try restarting the game. In the last 3 weeks I've had 5 different chat cases with EA support and 6-8 calls from Xbox Support trying to fix the issues and nothing has helped. I moved it from my external hd to my internal hd, unplugged my external hd while I'm playing, cleared local saved games cache, power cycled my xbox, reset my xbox to default settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and opened the ports on my router that I was instructed to. Nobody has given me any answers. Just kept telling me the same thing the previous person told me thinking some miracle might happen and this game will somehow fix itself.  Madden is the only game that is acting up to. Blowing the dust out of the old NES and SEGA cartridges when I was 8 was less frustrating than trying to play this game! I don't think that EA even cares about it's player base. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,700 Views)

★★ Novice

I spent many hours troubleshooting and 4 useless chats with support.  Ended up re-installing windows and now it works.  Every other game in the world was working just fine, not sure what would cause it to be my Windows install.

Message 4 of 7 (2,671 Views)

Cloud Franchise Post Game Upgrade Players Freeze

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred November 2019 - January 2020
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? DelftDaddy_7
Summarize your bug Every time I play one of my games and need to upgrade a player after the game, the game freezes. There is no way to skip past the post game upgrade phase and once you are in that phase, you cannot do anything except close the game and re-log.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Play any cloud based franchise mode. 2. Play a game in said franchise mode and gain enough xp for any player on your team 3. Finish the game and it will return you to the upgrade players screen automatically
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot input anything. You can still hear the music, but no inputs register regardless of input method (controller vs. keyboard).
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to make inputs as normal
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? 1660
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

Ignore the xbox one answer. It is not important to this complaint. This bug occurs 100% of the time and it is very frustrating to have to reload the game every time that I play a game. 

Message 5 of 7 (2,669 Views)

Re: Cloud Franchise Post Game Upgrade Players Freeze

Community Manager

@DelftDaddy 

Are you still experiencing this since the latest update? 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 7 (2,521 Views)

Re: Cloud Franchise Post Game Upgrade Players Freeze

★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 7 (2,103 Views)