Re: Madden 19 pc -Game Keeps crashing in Franchise Mode

by IanNash2222

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

• Platform (PC, XB1 or PS4):PS4 
  • Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID:dreski222
  • In what Season is this happening (2021,2022,2023 etc): every time I play a game 
  • Saved on Internal or External Hard Drive: external disc
  • Are you simming games, Yes/No: no
  • When the crash happens, are you simming? If yes, can you play the game without simming:can’t sim/not simming 
  • Are you using default rosters: yes
  • Have you downloaded any user content: no
  • Any error message? Please post the exact error: sometimes it signs me out of ea server
  • Any other relevant details: freezes during gameplay for 1-2mins and resumes..does it online and offline play, have to force close game. Have new madden and PS4 abd still does it 
Message 191 of 215 (944 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dreski2222

Can you try uninstalling the game and reinstall it on the internal hard drive? I'm concerned that you might have some files located on both drives which could be causing the game to try and pull data from two different sources. Make sure you double-check that all files are deleted from both the internal and external hard drive. I've seen more technical errors happen from non-official Sony PlayStation external hard drives too. You might be able to load games from all types of external hard drives out there but I've seen more issues pop up, not sure if that could be the case.

Hope that helps, keep us updated.

Blueberry.png
Message 192 of 215 (928 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Xbox one. It slwsal crashes in my third year during the super bowl around the 2nd quarter or so. The camera tries replay but messes up and fixes on players standing around. Has been happening since october patch because I played and finished a sb in the third year when I first bought the game in August. Please, I too have never commented on a thread till now. Long-time Madden player, buyer... And other than Madden 13, this is the worst bug I've ever had to deal with. 

Message 193 of 215 (874 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'll just return to nfl 2k5 I guess. 

Message 194 of 215 (873 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Traded away my madden already. What a bummer to wait for the new one and it's just infested with bugs and glitches.  Cant wait until a  company other than EA makes a football game. Until then... 2k sports

Message 195 of 215 (870 Views)

★★ Novice

"we came out with an update that fixes this issue" - October 2018 (EA Berry)

Everyone - We are still having the crash to desktop on PC, and it's December 20th 2018. Sure looks like you fixed the problem @EA_Blueberry

Message 196 of 215 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Isn't it great! EA and their developers have great ideas, but suck krap when trying to implement any game or patch of any type. My Madden 19 PC was working fine until I was forced to do an update a couple of weeks ago. I started getting crashes about once a franchise game, now the game crashes at least 6-8 during the match. I have setting down, no sound, controller vibration off and a few more setting off. I want my money back due to a violation of their own agreement that we are forced to accept. I also want money back for the 3 other games I purchased and NOT installed yet during their Christmas sale that started last week. 

I would also like to never buy another game that has EA anywhere in the description because they * up Star wars and Battlefield 4 as well. [Comment removed by CM]

Message 197 of 215 (754 Views)

★ Novice

I just bought the game this past week and I have constant crashing issues in franchise mode. In the first year of franchise mode. I'm not even through a full season and it crashes at least once per game. This is ridiculous that it's been an issue since release and hasn't been fixed.

• Platform (PC, XB1 or PS4):PC
  • Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID: DrunkestHour
  • In what Season is this happening (2021,2022,2023 etc): Every game in the first season
  • Saved on Internal or External Hard Drive: Internal SSD
  • Are you simming games, Yes/No: No
  • When the crash happens, are you simming? If yes, can you play the game without simming: No
  • Are you using default rosters: Yes
  • Have you downloaded any user content: No
  • Any error message? Please post the exact error: No error. Just crashes to desktop.
  • Any other relevant details: Usually happens near the end of games.

I'm going to try to reinstall the game and then if it still happens I'm going to try installing on my secondary SSD. My drivers are completely up to date. Ryzen 1600 GTX 1080 16GB of ram. No issues with any other games including other origin games.
Message 198 of 215 (707 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Didn't try reinstalling it, guess I'll give that a go. But I have gone through a dozen or more of these threads and I don't think anyone has ever been able to play without just simming through more than five or six seasons... That's ridiculous! 

Message 199 of 215 (640 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is it working for anyone? 

Message 200 of 215 (578 Views)