Re: Madden 19 pc -Game Keeps crashing in Franchise Mode

by EA_Barry

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@megablackk1d i didn’t try....I’d probably steer clear though or at least test it on a practice one before you do it. The whole draft class/edit feature seems bugged a bit. However, if you’ve already just edited in your own Franchise just save a new file and sim to year 2022, 2023, 2024 or so and test it. What I’d did was set the quarter length to 1 minute and play a real quick game and then when thru the whole save process and tried to reload it.

Message 171 of 215 (1,760 Views)

Community Manager

@SfNiners816

Thanks for your posts, they will help us while we continue to investigate this issue.

barry.png
Message 172 of 215 (1,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Great news, the fix for franchises crashing in later years has been identified and will be made available in an upcoming patch.

I know this has been a lengthy and painful issue and we want to thank those of you who posted the specifics we requested, those posts have been of great help to us in finding the fix.

After the fix goes live, we will post here again asking you to confirm if the issue is resolved for you.

*marked as resolved for visibility.

barry.png
Message 173 of 215 (8,717 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you EA berry

Message 174 of 215 (1,708 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the update @EA_Barry and to the dev team.

Message 175 of 215 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank You @EA_Barry and the Dev team for not forgetting about this.

Message 176 of 215 (1,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry finally thanks can we load up old saves or do we need to start over, will the patch work on live franchises that have not reached the point of corruption, and when will the patch go live?

Message 177 of 215 (1,554 Views)

Community Manager

@megablackk1d

Not sure if corrupted franchises will be usable, probably not but not 100% certain.

Patch will be live soon™

Keep checking daily or a few times a day for the update.

barry.png
Message 178 of 215 (1,541 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok I’ve been able to test it. The already corrupted files WILL NOT load and I got a blue screen(not really surprised but I wanted to try it). Now I had saves in the off season prior to 2022 that included customs draft classes. I was able to use these and play, save and load in both the 2022 and 2023 seasons. So it looks like the patch snuffed out the problem. I hope everyone has a save close to 2022-2023 so they don’t have to totally start over.

Message 179 of 215 (1,404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SfNiners816 Yep I had a save a week before the corruption. I tested by simming to the week of corruption and then backing out and loading back in and it worked!!!

Message 180 of 215 (1,396 Views)