Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Madden 19 pc -Game Keeps crashing in Franchise Mode

★★ Apprentice

PC Spec:

gtx 1080

32gb ram

win 10

Working fine 8-10 hrs of gameplay after the last major update. Currently on my 6th season on my franchise mode. At first my game would crash back to desktop when i tried loading my franchise. Luckily I have 4 different save files for the same franchise and their corresponding auto save files. Now when I am exiting a game in the regular season, in crashes again after i click "FINISH GAME" (attached pic for clarification). Sometimes i can a play a week or two while saving to the same file before it crashes again in the same spot after the game. Once it crashes the first time, it will always crash after the game on that same save file.  Any advice on how to fix this?

Could the game be corrupting my save files? 

Message 1 of 215 (11,082 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 19 pc -Game Keeps crashing in Franchise Mode

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Great news, the fix for franchises crashing in later years has been identified and will be made available in an upcoming patch.

I know this has been a lengthy and painful issue and we want to thank those of you who posted the specifics we requested, those posts have been of great help to us in finding the fix.

After the fix goes live, we will post here again asking you to confirm if the issue is resolved for you.

*marked as resolved for visibility.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 173 of 215 (8,541 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Just in case this is needed. i added the DxDiag report for my pc

Message 2 of 215 (11,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same crashing problems. Uninstalling/reinstalling worked to for like 3 games before crashing started happening again in loading screens. 

Message 3 of 215 (10,938 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've reported the issue with them and this has happened to me for two Franchise mode saves. For me, it's happening as soon as I reach year 2023. I've had no decent reply from EA support so I've gone ahead and filed a dispute with PayPal since this bulls*it isn't worth the stress of worrying over whether your save file will become corrupted or not.

Message 4 of 215 (10,931 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I too am at year 2023 in franchise mode....hmmmm. I also backed up my franchise files uninstalled/reinstall game and that didn't work for me. 

Message 5 of 215 (10,898 Views)

★★★ Novice
So I spent some time with EA chat support and the best answer they could give me after asking for my PC's msinfo, dxdiag and a copy of the save file the game corrupted was... start a new save. I know... bulls*it answer from a bulls*it developer who half * things. I am now happily waiting for a week to get my full refund.
Message 6 of 215 (10,835 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Daenarius wrote:
So I spent some time with EA chat support and the best answer they could give me after asking for my PC's msinfo, dxdiag and a copy of the save file the game corrupted was... start a new save. I know... bulls*it answer from a bulls*it developer who half * things. I am now happily waiting for a week to get my full refund.

Wow, their workaround/fix is to start a new franchise? You spend 10s of hours building your team and EA wants people to start over because their game is full of bugs? If it was a one off, maybe restarting a franchise is reasonable, but I have already mentioned that i have 4 in game backups with corresponding auto saves (8 total). In addition to that, I have 4 other back up saves that i keep on another file. They all suffer from crashing upon loading or crashing after playing a game.  I even simulated the rest of my 2023 season to see if that would do the trick. I got to play a couple games in 2024 before the crashing started again. I am confident that this is a game issue and should be addressed and fixed by EA. 

Message 7 of 215 (10,807 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've done exactly the same thing as you have and I got the same results. That's why after doing everything I could and realized that EA isn't really that invested in PC even after bringing the game back, I just went for the refund. Coz if they have plans to patch the game on PC, it won't be for another month or two probably three if they're really lazy or find that there are a sh*t ton more of bugs than they expected. I'd buy the game again if they fix everything but I'll hold on to my money until they do.
Message 8 of 215 (10,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am encountering the same issues as you guys. I'm in the 2023 season and after about 7 games or so I'm unable to resume. It just crashes back to the desktop when I try to load a save file from that season. It definitely looks like these saves are getting corrupted.

My setup:

Windows 10

GTX 1060

16GB

EA, can any of you provide a viable solution aside from starting over again? People have spent countless hours building up their teams.

Message 9 of 215 (10,734 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had a save file from the season before, went back to game 10 of the 2023 season and another crash.

I opened up the dump file and here are the details:

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Message 10 of 215 (10,713 Views)