Madden 19 on PC doesn't launch.

by ikonngo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 19 on PC doesn't launch.

★★ Novice

Hello, can't get to launch Madden 19 on PC since yesterday. Everything was going great, played the game for more than a month without problems but yesterday evening just couldn't get the game to launch, was even playing it around 6 hours earlier without any problems. As i try to launch it from desktop icon i get the loading cursor for a few seconds and then it gets back to the Origin homescreen.

Things I've already tried to fix this:

• Used the repair function in Origin;
  • Cleared Origin cache;
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin;
  • Added Origin and Madden to firewall exception list;
  • Ran Origin as administrator.

Also i used the reliability monitor and got no errors there, but the only thing that was changed from morning when I could play the game was a Cumulative security update for Windows. I uninstalled it and still can't launch the game.

Is there anything else I could try to get it launching?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (2,549 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 19 on PC doesn't launch.

★★★★★ Apprentice

I kept getting black screen on game launch have tried everything to no avail.  I finally tried running the game in compatibility mode for Server 2008 service pack 1 and it tells me it's  incompatible,  I saved the setting anyway and the game loads ever time and plays fine.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (2,331 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem since today. I suspect a Windows update which has been carried out earlier today on my Laptop.

Is there any known issue and planned solution?

Message 2 of 9 (2,524 Views)

Community Manager

@ikonngo

Did you reboot after uninstalling that recent update?

@Martin_Schmolli

Can you try uninstalling that update, reboot and retry please?

barry.png
Message 3 of 9 (2,484 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I rebooted and still couldn't get Madden to launch. Could uninstalling and reinstalling the game fix this or if the repair function didn't do anything it won't help? Seen on few other threads that reinstalling didn't help. Also if I uninstall the game will I lose my MUT account progress and coins on it?

Message 4 of 9 (2,456 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I uninstalled the Windows update and restarted my PC, Nothing changed.

Message 5 of 9 (2,440 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have had this problem from the start.  Launch the game and 75% of the time black screen.  I try three of four times and possibly get lucky and the game loads and all is fine.  This really sucks all other Origin games load and work fine.   I have tried all the recommended fixes with no luck.  They did a very nice job with the game hopefully they can figure this out.

Message 6 of 9 (2,407 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I kept getting black screen on game launch have tried everything to no avail.  I finally tried running the game in compatibility mode for Server 2008 service pack 1 and it tells me it's  incompatible,  I saved the setting anyway and the game loads ever time and plays fine.

Message 7 of 9 (2,332 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 8 of 9 (2,266 Views)

Community Manager

@ikonngo

Thanks for posting.

barry.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,250 Views)