Madden 19 freezing on Xbox one

by chrisstonedale

Original Post

Re: Madden 19 freezing on Xbox one

★★★★ Novice

I do find it Amazing Sir, that there are not more responses from EA on this matter.  

I had the game since August.  I JUST developed a problem with my game on my xbox one console.  I come here to the website FIRST TIME for a solution to see that there is NONE.  

WHy this is happening to me just now I don't know.  It is discouragning as a person a consumer of the very First Madden Game till now to hear and see the constant disrespect of all of us loyal gamers.  

EA should be scared if 2K Sports does ever come back to make football games.  EA better make sure they sercure the license yet again because if there is ever a slim chance of hope 2K Sports gets back into Football the practicies of EA Sports will be it ruin!!!!

Now I have to hope that your previous responses to a fix work.  I don't hold out much hope since no one here was satisfied and here I am now after the fact all these month affected with the same ailments.  

Message 21 of 35 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have an Xbox One and mine keeps freezing while playing UT and I’m in the Super Bowl.  The game will work fine until I have a big play and then it freezes.  I can pause and can only access “Challenge Play.”  It will go back to main screen but will then remain frozen.  Never had a problem until it came to playing in the Super Bowl and only happens if I have a big play for a TD.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing works.  Get this fixed....it’s your jobs.

Message 22 of 35 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Does not work
Message 23 of 35 (1,120 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One thing I have noticed to keep a good game gong on and not starting over.

Go to HOME

GO to SETTINGS

GO TO RESTART CONSOLE

THen you go back to your franchise game and it somehow picks up right where you left off.  You CAN"T shut your xbox off  you must leave it on and go straight to home and do the above and it WILL somehow manage to save your last point in the game BEFORE the freeze and you just go from there.  I did this three times and was able to finish my franchse game.

THis is not a fix but at least makes it tolera ble to finish a game.

Message 24 of 35 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had Madden 2019 only for a few months and have been able to play it a couple times. It always freezes on the beginning video that shows Antonio Brown. Then it instantly kicks me back to the homepage. I've uninstalled and reinstalled probably five or six times and it never works. Very disappointed and hoping for a fix or a refund.

Message 25 of 35 (1,023 Views)

Community Manager

@allen592 

That's definitely not an experience we want you to go through in order to play our games. These steps below usually help the Xbox dashboarding to the home menu. If you have the game installed on an external hard drive I'd try deleting the game and reinstall on the internal drive. If you still need help in getting our game to function on your Xbox please don't hesitate to contact our Live-Support team as soon as possible. Click here to speak with an EA Advisor.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 26 of 35 (5,306 Views)

★ Apprentice

This solution isn't working for me.  Seeing as I'm unable to get madden 20 working, i just installed madden 19, and I can't get past the loading screen.  What other solutions do you have? 

I also downloaded ufc 3 with my ea pass and that works, but I cant get madden to work.  Why??!

Message 27 of 35 (853 Views)

Community Manager

@dustydog333 

Do you have your Xbox enabled as the home console under your Xbox settings? Try toggling that off or off and back on.

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 35 (821 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried this and it didn't work.

Message 29 of 35 (781 Views)

Community Manager

@dustydog333 

Sorry you're still having trouble. I'm confident it's starting to look more network related. We have specific ports for Madden 20. Are you familiar with opening/forwarding ports? If you log into your router's admin panel (Instructions are generally on the router itself) there is a section to enable ports. We have certain port numbers/ranges listed for Madden here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

I've also seen players get stuck at the menu for Madden in the past and after changing up the DNS that enabled them to get passed it.

Google DNS is: 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4. 8.8.8.8  (secondary). To change your DNS manually on your Xbox One it's under Xbox Settings>Network Settings. Those are the numbers you want to enter in the primary and secondary section.

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 35 (772 Views)