Madden 19 for PC - crash

by TheNorselord

Original Post

Madden 19 for PC - crash

★★ Novice

As of 1/18/19, Madden 19 for PC has crashed to desktop.

I was able to play it without issue from 8/11/18 until 1/18/19 on the same computer without issue, other than an occasional brief freeze.  Which, though a little annoying, did not interfere with gameplay.

At first the "Loading" screen would show, and then crash to desktop.

I tried "Repair" in the Origin app.

The game would get to the "Loading" screen would show, and then crash to desktop.

I then reinstalled completely.

It no longer loads up at all.

FIFA18 works just fine - if that matters at all.

Message 1 of 5 (211 Views)

Re: Madden 19 for PC - crash

★★ Novice

DX Diag attached

Message 2 of 5 (198 Views)

Community Manager

@TheNorselord

You may have some success with the following steps but really your machine does not meet the system requirements for this game, specifically the video card.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 5 (173 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

EA_Barry Said "but really your machine does not meet the system requirements for this game, specifically the video card."

TheNorselord Said: "I was able to play it without issue from 8/11/18 until 1/18/19 on the same computer without issue, other than an occasional brief freeze.  Which, though a little annoying, did not interfere with gameplay."

Did a recent update to the game increase the requirements?  I am performing the steps you recommended now.

Has EA considered providing a stand-alone tool that will check compatibility of a system prior to purchase - or has management decided this might lead to a reduced volume of sales?

Message 4 of 5 (161 Views)

Community Manager

@TheNorselord

There was no increase in system requirements, let us know if the steps I posted above have any effect, thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 5 (152 Views)