by captinrogers777

Original Post

Re: Log in has wrong email

★★★ Newbie
Me either
Message 51 of 59 (2,334 Views)

Re: Madden 19 ea account change email

★★★ Newbie
What if my mail is changed on the website but it still wont change in-game ?
Message 52 of 59 (2,301 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just for giggles...how long is this actually supposed to take. I spoke to a rep....was told to fill out a form that they sent me....tells me to enter an email that have....not linked to my account. I had no other email at the time that wasn't linked to my account. If I had already updated my account years ago with my new email, why is the game still trying to use an old email account. The rep tells me that the old email is linked to my gamertag on PSN. That seems strange considering my current email shows up at EA Sports.....Origin....and on my PSN account. I can't understand why the server would not have changed the email associated with my gamertag...when the update was done previously. This is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever had to deal with. It's only been with this game.

I have played other EA titles....recently....since I updated my account (at least 5 years ago).....never had this isssue... the game just logged right in.

I believe all of these comments about help are just smoke screens because EA doesn't know how to fix the issue. I'm already out money and if this doesn't get resolved in a timely manner....I better get info on how to get my money back and I won't bother with EA anymore.

Message 53 of 59 (2,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That’s what I’m saying?! False advertisement? I mean, *. Is there a lawsuit here? 😂 jk jk, I just want my game to work?! I already have Xbox live for MULTIPLAYER.. come on!!!

Message 54 of 59 (2,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. That’s what I’m saying?! It automatically brings up an email that you’re forced to use? Cmon haha a basic programmer can make it so you can login to another ea account.. smh
Message 55 of 59 (2,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie
On my phone there’s the new ea account email but on Madden 19 it doesn’t show me to update the email
Message 56 of 59 (2,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just wish it was like a Ubisoft game where it would automatically log you into your account with whatever profile it was linked to.

Message 57 of 59 (2,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do u do a network transfer and did it work ?

Message 58 of 59 (2,154 Views)

Community Manager

It is the account owner's responsibility to make sure all the information entered on the account is accurate and accessible, including the email address.

We know that during the registration process some customers might have put down an email not thinking it was a big deal or they used an email a long time ago that they no longer access. Madden fans are very dedicated and loyal, so we do see this happen quite often because they registered for an EA account wayyyyyy back when a previous Madden game was released. 

When you log into the EA servers for the first time and create an EA account, your Xbox Gamertag or PlayStation ID is linked up to that EA account. Some of you asked this question, "why can't I simply use a different email?" 

That would completely bypass account security. If you do not have access to the email address, how do we know you are even the real account owner?

Well, there are additional ways we can try to verify account ownership and our Live-Support can help walk you through this. You can fill out an account recovery form through our Help site at Help.EA.com by speaking with an EA games Advisor. Click here to contact them.

It's unfortunate to hear some of you are having trouble updating the details on your account. Our Live-Support team is available to assist, however if they cannot determine true account ownership based off the information given to us, we cannot risk updating an account that was not properly verified. Account security is extremely important to us.

I will be locking this thread as multiple Community Managers have explained where to get this addressed. We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you in playing Madden 19.

Blueberry.png
Message 59 of 59 (2,142 Views)