Re: Madden 19 ea account change email

by coolcobra03

Original Post

Re: Log in has wrong email

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem when I upgraded to xbox one x. EA Support was the biggest waste of time. However, I did get it to work.

1.Went to Madden 19 in My Games & Apps

2.menu button - manage game

3. scrolled down to saved items.

4.Chose my profile

5.delete from console only

6. restarted game and i was automatically logged back into EA

***I will note that I had Madden 19 stored on an external hard drive for transfer to new xbox one x.

Hope it helps.

Message 31 of 59 (3,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry What a horrible response. People have paid hard earned money on your company's product and now it's useless. All you can say is, "we can't help out with your issue currently." Sad excuse for customer service.

Message 32 of 59 (3,242 Views)

Community Manager

@CombatMatt44

Please see our other replies in this thread, there may be steps you can take or possibly our Advisors can help depending on the details of your issue.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 33 of 59 (3,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It doesn’t work all I need to do is change my email why is it impossible to to that
Message 34 of 59 (3,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry the link you keep sending people to only helps if you can already log into the ea account that madden is trying to use, but 90% of the people here are here because THEY CANNOT ACCESS THAT ACCOUNT AND NEED TO USE A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT FOR THE GAME. It should be this hard to do your job. Simple problem solving and regular human thinking should allow you to provide us an answer
Message 35 of 59 (3,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @metzeva

When you visit the Help site to submit a case it will ask you to login, however you don't need to login to still get in touch with our Live-Support.

When it prompts you to log in, towards the top left of the page you'll see an option to contact our advisors without signing in.

Blueberry.png
Message 36 of 59 (3,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, having the same issue.  I don't need to access my old EA account.  I have created a new one I'd like to use but on the Sign in screen in madden you cannot change the email address.

Message 37 of 59 (3,096 Views)

★ Novice
I’m having the same problem, can’t log into that old email. It doesn’t even exist anymore.
Message 38 of 59 (2,995 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem I'm just ready to get a refund and give up EA Sports sucks

Message 39 of 59 (2,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am in a similar issue. Somehow my Xbox gamer tag is linked to the EA account of somebody that I haven’t talked to in 8 years. I don’t have any clue how they could have been linked, as we did not share any email or login information. I do not have his contact information and he does not seem to be on social media for me to message for assistance. 

I have attnepted to speak with with the game advisor support team, and they state the only way to transfer my account to a new EA account or unlink it from this individual’s, is to speak to the EA account owner. 

I do not have a way to contact the EA account owner. I feel like there should be some sort of backup safeguard for scenarios like this, along with people who cannot access old emails. 

Am am I stuck and permanently unable to play EA games due to losing contact with a friend many years ago...? 

Please help/advise on what I can do to solve my issue. As game advisor support team seems to be deadset on only resolving the issue by speaking to the EA account owner. 

@EA_Barry @EA_Brenda @EA_Blueberry

Message 40 of 59 (2,962 Views)