Re: Madden 19 ea account change email

by Pnut727

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 19 ea account change email

★★★ Newbie

It says you already have an EA account. But it gives no option to change the email.

Message 1 of 59 (87,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@deepcoverops025 Even if you're not logged into your account or your email, support can help with access the account and changing the email address. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 59 (87,538 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@captinrogers777

You should be able to use the info at the following link to change some account details, including your email:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 59 (87,075 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How are you supposed to log into you EA account if you don't know the password for an old email? This has been a problem EA has been having for the last 2 years at least and needs a solution. EA customer service is pointless and just loops people back to a page that does nothing, or says it is sending an email that never gets sent. Give us an answer on how to change an email address that we can't get into? It's really not that hard? Hell, just add a drop down to switch to a different email. A simple programmer could do that. Step up your game EA

Message 3 of 59 (87,021 Views)

Community Manager

@BROwn36teagan

From about half way down that page:

Don’t have access to the one you used to create your account? You can swap emails from one account to another.

If you’ve changed your email address, you can update it by clicking Edit next to Basic Information in your About Me settings on ea.com.

You can also add a secondary email address to your account. A secondary email helps you reset your password if you’re locked out of your EA Account and primary email address.

1. Find the Secondary Email section of your EA Account Security tab.
  2. Click Add Secondary Email.
  3. Enter an email address different from the one registered to your EA Account.
  4. Log in to that email address and find the security code email sent from us.
  5. Enter your security code in the EA Account settings verification window.

Once set up, your secondary email will receive the same password reset instructions and confirmations when using Forgot Your Password? as your primary email address.

barry.png
Message 4 of 59 (86,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That’s all well and good if you can log into your account. As the original post says if you don’t have access to the old email and can’t remember your password this is not possible. 

Message 5 of 59 (86,686 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue. Tried contacting customer support and they kept recycling me to the same issue and said they couldn’t prove that I am myself and I need to contact the email provider. That didn’t work either so now here I am with a useless game that I can’t play online. 

Message 6 of 59 (86,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 7 of 59 (86,649 Views)

Community Manager

@deepcoverops025 Even if you're not logged into your account or your email, support can help with access the account and changing the email address. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 59 (87,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need help. I can't play Madden19. I have no access to the email that's connected to my account. How do l change it to the email l have access to?

Message 9 of 59 (86,533 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I got the new Xbox one X and I installed Madden 19. When I go to log in to my EA account it has the wrong email address and I can't change it. I can't log in.

Message 10 of 59 (86,301 Views)