Re: Madden 19 PC head to head Lag

by shad0wxfx

Original Post

Madden 19 PC head to head Lag

★★★★★ Newbie

Been playing Mut season and experiencing terrible lag. Not sure what the cause of this is.

1060 6gb

16gb ram

i5 7500

Not sure if my rig is the issue or if the servers are just not good? Anyone else experiencing horrible lag in head to head?

Message 1 of 11 (2,098 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have played a MUT game online and it was fine, I try play my friend in MUT or normal exhibition and the game switches to slow motion mode.....
Message 2 of 11 (2,084 Views)

Community Manager

@shad0wxfx@shotOut_oakland

Can you guys let us know if the following connectivity troubleshooting steps help you, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

barry.png
Message 3 of 11 (2,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't played online yet (been grinding solos, almost have them all done) but I'm running a GTX 960 with 2GB ram, an AMD fx-8320 overclocked to 4GHz, and 16GB of RAM with no issues on almost high settings. Sounds like a network or server issue. Historically EA games require a ton of port forwarding to get the most out of your connection. I haven't done that yet on my PC but will if i experience any issues online.

Message 4 of 11 (2,028 Views)

★★ Novice

i followed those helpful tips you provided and i am still experiancing issues. I have  a 2000+ dollar pc with 300mps download and 30 upload but still experiance lag when playing online. when playing online i cant even kick field goals ect. Everything else runs smoothly i have my game locked at 60fps.

Message 5 of 11 (1,791 Views)

Community Manager

@IAmBigNBlack

Please keep the fact that your opponents setup can affect performance in H2H games in mind. Having a good setup and connectivity is as much as you can do but if your opponents connection is not so great then you may see a less than perfect experience.

barry.png
Message 6 of 11 (1,750 Views)

why is there lag when playing on pc

★★ Newbie

Why is there soo much lag while playing on pc. There is no other online game being released today with the online play this bad. And timing is crucial in this game. Just to let you know how bad it is. I was flagged for delay of game because the game lagged soo bad it would not let me make a play call. i think I hit the button a good 15 times. That is terrible. It really is NOT fun to play this game online, which is the reason I bought it. I will NOT buy it again.......

Message 7 of 11 (1,737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Then get off your * EA and give us dedicated servers so we don't have to depend on the other players connection its 2018 theres no excuse not to have them.

Message 8 of 11 (1,637 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No.  Useless answer to lag problem

Message 9 of 11 (1,604 Views)

Re: why is there lag when playing on pc

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here.   Practically break controller to get a response.  Have reduced all graphic settings to lowest level possible with a 60 fps connection showing at my en and still cannot get a decent response.   As usual EA screws up the PC experience.   Waited 11 years for this garbage.

Message 10 of 11 (1,602 Views)