Re: Madden 19 PC freezes every play

by bigfoot8816

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 19 PC freezes every play

★★ Novice

I have the premier access account and I downloaded the latest patch this morning. The game freezes every play and I'm not exaggerating at all. I just downloaded all of my windows updates and downloaded the latest AMD drivers and still having the same issue. I do not have any issues running any other games on my PC besides Madden.

I have attach a copy of my dxdiag.

My PC Specs:

GPU: Vega64(Asus)

Memory: G.Skill 8GB Ram

Cpu: i7 4790k

Message 1 of 11 (2,372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SeductiveDream

It looks like you may have a Guitar Hero USB controller attached, can you remove that and let us know if there is any change please?

Thanks.

@typicalintrovert

Can you check the same please?

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (2,618 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

same here. running a gtx 1080Ti and Xeon e5-4650 v4 14/28. i crash to desktop as soon as any action occurs such as ball being kicked or getting tackled. all EA support wants to do is provide canned responses and generic troubleshooting tips. this is an issue that can only be fixed through a patch but they would rather provide canned responses instead of telling development team that theres a real problem with the game.

Message 2 of 11 (2,335 Views)

Community Manager

@SeductiveDream

It looks like you may have a Guitar Hero USB controller attached, can you remove that and let us know if there is any change please?

Thanks.

@typicalintrovert

Can you check the same please?

barry.png
Message 3 of 11 (2,619 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

currently only other USB device other than my mouse and keyboard is the xbox one wireless dongle but i did notice that the HDMI for my oculus rift is still plugged in and that could somehow be causing an issue. i will try unplugging this once im off work and will report back.

Message 4 of 11 (2,244 Views)

Community Manager

@typicalintrovert

Great, thank you.

barry.png
Message 5 of 11 (2,232 Views)

★★★ Novice
Mine is freezing a lot to
Message 6 of 11 (2,226 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have only finished the first campaign in mut it freezing in gameplay and in lineup
Message 7 of 11 (2,223 Views)

★★ Novice

I reinstalled windows on a new SSD and the freezing went away almost completely. I'll remove the RockSmith USB controller and report back. Game is playing a lot better now. Looks to mostly have been on my end. Thanks for the response.

Message 8 of 11 (2,195 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep 

Message 9 of 11 (2,183 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry I was able to play a few games last night with no issues. It's not perfect but I wouldn't expect it to be since the game is new. We can go ahead and close this one out. Thanks again for the help.

Message 10 of 11 (2,158 Views)