Re: Madden 19 PC doesn't launch after press "play" from origin.

by Bosvark24

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

**UPDATE** 

Guys i found a bypass that finally solves the issue!  All thanks to @pinkvisual25 who in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Madden-NFL-19-keeps-crashing-to-desktop-with-no-error/td-... stumbled upon a solution.

*EDIT* @HazyHexagon123 Possibly this could be the solution without the need to install Bitdefender, it might be possible that the Temp folder for Madden 19 was the problem all along and since BitDefender cleans up everything that one also gets deleted and therefore the issue is solved. Nice Find. -

It certainly sounded very unorthodox but i was surprised to do it and find out it did - in fact - work.

By running Bitdefender Antivirus and using the Quick Optimize Feature it has ( Basically a more sophisticated version of CCleaner with better functionality ) Madden 19 is finally Launching from Origin as it should and as it did for me before. IT DOES NOT CRASH ANYMORE, IT WORKS and i checked it more than once even after a couple of reboots.

Before going into details, the Bitdefender Antivirus Software that you have to use is the PAID one NOT THE FREE version.

The quick optimizer tool is not present in the free version. If you don't own it and you haven't used the 30 day trial before you can succesfully opt-in for a free 30 day trial by signing in and therefore being able to use the tool in its full version.

Don't worry about uninstalling the program later and losing all progress since it is merely an optimization / cleanup process that does not retain any files or information to require the presence of the program. I myself ran the trial version in order to test out the tool and upon finding that it works i was ecstatic. But since i didn't want any extra software like Bitdefender to clutter my pc i uninstalled it right after and everything was alright. 

Now onto the technical explanation of what actually Bitdefenders Quick Optimizer does that any other manual solution cannot fix:

First of all, as i've said before it works like CCleaner but considerably better when it comes to detecting Registry Faults and Dumps, Obsolete Files and Links as well as Temporary or Cluttering Caches of Windows and all other essential software ( Nvidia, Origin etc.).

The problem could be summed up as follows. Upon pressing play on the Origin Game Library, a brief launch process seemed to go through but then Origin popped back up as if nothing had happened. Madden 19.exe didn't appear at all on the task manager, simply Origin heightened its Load and then quickly died down again.
As i am assuming it was Origins Launcher + DRM Software that blocked Madden 19 from launching. Apparently some sort of Cache, Registry Entry or Leftover / Conflicting Code was interfering and was not enabling the Authorization Process to go through. 

This is important mostly for EA Developers since using a 3rd Party Software to bypass this issue is unacceptable and an official fix or announcement should come. I hope that the developers might see this and actually come a step closer to fix the particular interference or interferences.

Many people have encountered this problem and apparently it comes out as a general problem not localized on specific devices or hardware.

EA most certainly should check their Code, their Anti Piracy Software as well as Origin and make sure that all conflicts either with Windows, with their own or external Software are cleaned up / discovered so as to not happen again and to most certainly NOT require 3rd party software in the form of Bitdefender to be required to bring forth a fix. Bitdefender provides detailed info on what was deleted / fixed with the Quick Optimization Cleanup and if anybody is eager he could try to find the Solution there. I was unfortunately too hasty to do it at the moment since i didn't know if it would work and simply glanced it over, but most certainly the info can be found there.

Thanks everyone for participating in this and other threads. Please if you can, try the above solution if you can and report back so we can come to a conclusion.

Message 21 of 51 (4,246 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yup, that worked for me too.
Message 22 of 51 (4,237 Views)

★★ Novice

I honestly just stumbled on it. I couldn’t believe it either but I had to share as soon as it fixed the problem. 

Message 23 of 51 (4,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HazyHex method has worked for me so far. Odd...

Thanks HazyHex

Message 24 of 51 (4,208 Views)

★★★ Novice
FYI the game will launch under a different user on my PC.

Message 25 of 51 (4,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@pinkvisual25@oxxoxor

Requiring paid software is not ideal so I will link to the potential solution from @HazyHexagon123 (thank you)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/EA-you-HAVE-to-fix-the-bug-where-the-game-won-t-launch-on...

barry.png
Message 26 of 51 (10,406 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It didn't work for me... RIP
Message 27 of 51 (4,125 Views)

★ Apprentice

The same thing is happing to me with dual Nvidia 755M. I was playing the game just fine since launch but since the update the game was crashing during online play. I then reinstalled the game and now it will not boot up at all. It just acts like it is about to load and then goes back to the origin screen. This is definetily an issue with the patch, I have not installed any other software on my computer since then.

Message 28 of 51 (4,033 Views)

★ Apprentice
Setting up a different user account did not work either nor did hazyhexes suggestion above. I want a refund if no fix is given.
Message 29 of 51 (4,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@eterna1one1I fell you man, I have the same issue I have tried everything and nothing works and my free trial periodend soon. EA better make this thing work or at least give me my money back. I guess it was my fault to trust them in the first place.

Message 30 of 51 (3,999 Views)