Re: Madden 19 PC doesn't launch after press "play" from origin.

by M1chelol

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 19 PC doesn't launch after press "play" from origin.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have an issue with my Madden 19 PC edition. It used to play perfectly fine, recently it wont launch.

I've tried the following:

repair game content via origin

Re-Install game

Re-Install origin

Run both in Admin mode

clear game cache

clear origin cache

update windows

update GPU drivers

clean boot windows

I'm at a loss for what to do, having attempted all of the above multiple times. My system exceeds the recommended system req's.

Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I am able to play and launch the game without problems by logging into a different windows user. 

Message 1 of 51 (6,892 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@pinkvisual25@oxxoxor

Requiring paid software is not ideal so I will link to the potential solution from @HazyHexagon123 (thank you)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/EA-you-HAVE-to-fix-the-bug-where-the-game-won-t-launch-on...

barry.png

View in thread

Message 26 of 51 (10,405 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

It is a bug with the game.  EA Barry keeps claiming it is older CPU hardware causing this but he is incorrect.  I have an i7 7700k with a gtx 1080 ti, 16GM RAM and when I hit play it flashes origin and nothing comes up.  Happened after the update and my roommate is experiencing the same thing and he has similar specs.

Message 2 of 51 (6,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Even if it was a hardware issue they should find a way to fix it. Not tell you to buy a new PC. There is no error with any other game here. I am experiencing this as well. A black window appears when I click Play but then it closes and send me back to Madden Tab on Origin. This needs to be fixed URGENTLY. 

Message 3 of 51 (6,831 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah, I'm rocking the 1080ti as well. At first I thought it was a GPU issue, but I tried with another GPU and still didn't launch. UGH
Message 4 of 51 (6,802 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing on my computer. It will not load, and what the F is EA doing about this?  It seems like it has been going on to multiple people.  

Message 5 of 51 (6,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing the game perfectly fine since the update and since launch i have 21 hours in. 
Yesterday and Today, i've tried launching the game but it does not launch, it tries to load origin goes to the background and then pops back up again with the game not launching. (the game does not even appear in task manager)  Still the same even after trying everything OP stated as well. 

This thread has got me thinking it might have something to do with the Nvidia GPUs. Specifically the Nvidia GTX 10xx series. Since everyone here claims to own a GTX 1080 and i personally am running a GTX 1060 with an Intel Core i7 2600 (It is not an SSE issue as many others have had a problem with on older hardware). Apparently it looks to be some issue or conflict from Origin or the Game having to do with the GPU.

User-based solutions and fixes don't seem to work and EA has to release a patch or a fix to alleviate this otherwise Madden 19 is unplayable...

Message 6 of 51 (6,756 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Nope i have the same problem whit AMD RX480
Message 7 of 51 (6,747 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don’t know if this will work for everyone but it worked for me. 

I was was told to create a new local user with admin rights and now the game works (only on the new admin account). Even though my old user account was admin. I don’t get it but it’s worth a try for anyone having this issue 

Message 8 of 51 (6,739 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is not a viable solution.They probably suggested it since it creates and uses fresh user folders and configurations. Probably in your end there was a pre-existing conflict that was fixed. 
I tried with a different local user account, running origin as admin, and it yet again didn't work. 

As i've said before, even though the problem shows to be more general than i had at first assumed, it is in the most part not something we as users can fix, but a problem with the Madden 19 software on its own. 

If you haven't noticed, no EA representative has replied to this thread and it is certainly the most concise out of everyone who states this particular issue.
OP said that he had undergone the entire list of possible solutions. They have no answer to that, there is nothing they can do as of now.
In other similar threads where only the problem is stated the EA Representative replies that either the user hardware is not good enough or that a clean boot has to be done, after this nothing more or just a reiteration of the same or similar. 

Maybe instead of looking at our systems and asking if we have altered something on our machines that prevents the particular game to launch, they should look at their own software and at all the adjustments they have made during this small period of time and could possibly render Madden 19 unplayable for all of us.

It seems that we all have this issue in the same timeframe. Updates on the games are not just made with the release of a bigger or smaller visible patch, as long as origin is online and the game is online anything can be altered by the developers. Things such as a faulty line of code or a script in either Origin or Madden 19 could be causing an issue such as this one. 

Really hope a fix can be found soon. 

Message 9 of 51 (6,721 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This is very annoying and frustrating. I havent even been able to open the game. Purchased it on Friday, downloaded it through the night and tried to play it yesterday (Saturday) but all I got was that brief black window.
Message 10 of 51 (6,712 Views)