Re: Madden 19 (PC) crashes everytime vefore the start of a game

by Spake_BeFree

Original Post

Madden 19 (PC) crashes everytime before the start of a game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

when I launch Madden it loads up fine and I can enter the menu, change settings etc. But everytime I want to actually play a game (mode doesn't matter), it loads pretty long and then crashes without showing any error message. I've been talking to the EA support for 2 days now and none of the troubleshooting steps worked. Then i stumbled onto this thread  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Madden-NFL-19-keeps-crashing-to-desktop-with-no-error/td-... . Appearently the game doesn't run on many older CPUs that actually meet the requirements. Especially the AMD Phenom series seems to have some issues. As I have an AMD Phenom II x4 945 I am worried that I won't be able to play the game at all. Now my question is, if there is any comfirmation that there is an issue with the AMD Phenom series and if there will be a patch to solve that or if I should go for a refund.

Kind regards

Ole

Message 1 of 7 (962 Views)

Re: Madden 19 (PC) crashes everytime vefore the start of a game

★★★★★ Novice
the game can not be returned, I tried)
Message 2 of 7 (951 Views)

Re: Madden 19 (PC) crashes everytime before the start of a game

★ Apprentice

yeah its still a SSE4.1/4.2 problem,  EA_Barry writed in a other thread they will look its possible to fix that. 

So u must be hoping like we all other Phenom users xD

Message 3 of 7 (910 Views)

How many people need amd phenom sse4 support?

★★★★ Apprentice

I just brought a new graphics card rx 570 because origin said i had to upgrade my driver.then go to play the game ive been waiting for, for 13 years and the game crashes right before you play, and people say its because my phenom 965be doesnt have sse4. Who new what that was? i cant just upgrade my processor, i would need. 1 motherboard, 2 processor,3 ram, then my windows 7 would be invalid, and i would have to buy a new windows license. if i new that, i would have never bought the game . the requirements say cpu equivalent. i have 4 cores at 3.4 ghz, but i can play the game on my asus g74sx that has less power than my old decktop. so because i can still play the game that i like so much even with stuttering on low settings i sure would love to play the game on my rx 570 and amd phenom 965be in all its madden glory. come on ea help me out please! Who else has a amd phenom?

Message 4 of 7 (599 Views)

Re: How many people need amd phenom sse4 support?

★★★★ Apprentice

I think amd fx has that problem too?

Message 5 of 7 (570 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i have an asus g74sx and i can play it your laptop is stronger then mine. my game started to not load at start after update i called ea help and they made me try everything but it did not work. so i delleated every thing origin and the game but this time i let the game install in the default folder origin games and now everything works fine except that i have to play on low settings because my laptop is a little old. i used to install on a different game drive but for some reason i had to install this game in origins game folder or it wont work after update. i hope this helps.

Message 6 of 7 (540 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ooops i put last reply in to wrong question. sorry

Message 7 of 7 (537 Views)