Re: Madden 19 PC - Crashes to Desktop when loading into game

by ishockedit

Original Post

★★ Novice

So I've fixed the issue on my end. Was using a phenom 2 965 with a R9 x270x which was qualified, and soon as i entered the game it would quit without warning. Did what most folks did on here, updated drivers, framework, directx, updated everything, moved to different drives ssd/hdd, same thing each time. I bought a 8350fx for 70 bucks and popped it in. All of sudden the game is working and silky smooth. Yup so getting a new proc solved my issue. Cant say it will work for the rest maybe help some AMD folks. 

Message 11 of 15 (1,519 Views)

★★★ Novice
bought game 8/16/2018 worked great untill today 8/17/2018 now you start the game loading screen comes up and crash right back to start-
Message 12 of 15 (1,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just finished the re-install of Win10.

It fixed the problem for me.

Message 13 of 15 (1,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I think I found the problem, at least for myself.  CPU (my case Phenom II X4 965 BE) not supported:

"There is another potential reason for the game to crash on Startup and that is the CPU you are using is an old one and doesn’t support SSE4.2. The game requires a CPU that supports SSE4.2 otherwise it won’t launch the game. Make sure your CPU supports SSE4.2." -SegmentNext

Info found at Ubisoft of all places:

AMD Processors that do not support SSE4.1 or higher

- "Sempron" family
- "Athlon II" family
- "Phenom II" family
- "Athlon" family
- "Phenom" family
Message 14 of 15 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have played the Trial and there were no problems!

Now i bought the Game I can't even play a minute!
Message 15 of 15 (1,094 Views)