Re: Madden 19 PC - Crashes to Desktop when loading into game

by denzel242

Original Post

Madden 19 PC - Crashes to Desktop when loading into game

★★★ Novice

The game will load up fine, menus work fine, I can change settings, do anything I want in menus.  When I try to go to the field for any mode, exhibtion, franchise, practice, anything, it will show the intro video and show the stats comparison loading screens, then freeze and crash to desktop with no error.  I opened a ticket with EA help and they gave me a list of things to do.

1. Repair the game.  Done, no change.

2. Clear Orgin Data Chache.  Done, no change.

3. Run game as administrator.  Done, no change.

4. Boot Windows 10 clean boot.  Done, no change.

5. Completely uninstall and reinstall the game.  Done, no change.

I am posting here in the hopes someone can offer some guidance or EA can respond and help me fix the issue with the game I subscribed to Premier for.  

My DXDiag is attached.

PC Specs:

i7-6700K 8 cores

16 GB Ram

GTX 1080 Ti

Message 1 of 15 (5,764 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
can you please try use windows event viewer, see why game crash.
( google youtube video, in how to do if needed )
Message 2 of 15 (5,718 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Having the same issue here, running an rx 580 8gb. Loads into the field and then crashes

Message 3 of 15 (5,695 Views)

Community Manager

@JorshRod Your DxDiag shows and error with CLR20r3 crsahsing, this can be a result of an issue with your .NET framework. 

You can download the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-IE/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Darko.png
Message 4 of 15 (5,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've tried all the same things as the original poster plus dxdiag + .net framework repair (although I'm not seeing any errors in dxdiag.log or any windows logs) + reinstalled video drivers (GTX1070).  I still have the exact same issues.  The game exits to desktop as soon as I hit the field.  I'm a long time PC gamer, and this is the first game I've had a game exit as soon as I start to play.  Hours troubleshooting = 3.  Hours played = 0.  Is there a fix?  If not, how do I get a refund?

Message 5 of 15 (5,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. Also with the GTX1080Ti.

My dxDiag looks like yours... but I don't know how old this error is:

Fehlerbucket 2280556580897081140, Typ 5
Ereignisname: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: Madden19.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 10.0.17134.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

But there is no Report.wer with more informations.

@EA: Is there any possibility to start Madden with some more logging output, so I can provide you with more data?

I have already run progmon.exe during the crash.

The last action before the crash is always (see PNG):

QueryNameInformationFile - \Windows\System32\ntdll.dll

As far as I know, this is a part of the Windows NT kernel ... so there is a lot of Microsoft voodoo magic inside.

All other games runs normal. There are no network activities of Madden near the crash ... so we can rule out connection problems.

So it seems to be a problem between Madden and our HW... Surprise EA! Computer-Games means different HW configurations ;-)

I have to setup my hole machine due to hardware changes at the weekend. I can give you a feedback if the clean win10 installation will fix the problem.

If not, refund seems to be the last option. So maybe you can stay patient until Sunday. Or EA come across with a fix ... who knows? :-)

Regard.

Message 6 of 15 (5,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@JorshRod

Have you update that pc ? i tried to lookup at MSI board and that bios version number dont make any sense and not sure what board was 100% yours, but have several bios update and only 1 of them is the right board, try use that VIP MSI auto update tool app most new pc has that today.

Are you in doubt what board is yours talk with MSI support. ( auto update tool app doing this for you, getting all driver and bios. )

Message 7 of 15 (5,195 Views)

★★ Novice

Obviously, there are many configs having this issue. This to me is not a hardware problem, it's something common in the game. Where is the crash report for the game. I get the same thing once trying to load the game. Game works fine in Longshot, but exhibition or practice as soon as the stadium shadows appear it fails Everytime. Game is very smooth in longhsot so the game works! Not a hardware or windows problem . The transition from practice to game is stuck. Code issue more likely or something is missing when it installed.

Message 8 of 15 (5,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue, no old hardware in my machine and still crashes...

Message 9 of 15 (5,088 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
update that pc, dont mean aquire new hardware it means update its driver and bios for that hardware see product support page for download.
Message 10 of 15 (5,036 Views)