Madden 19 PC Controller support

by Kgitsdown

Original Post

Madden 19 PC Controller support

★ Novice

I cannot get this game to recognise my dual shock 4 or my steam controller. I have ran it through Origin and tried big picture mode with configured controls. It gets stuck on the controller/profile select screen and just loops back to it every time I select a profile. 

Message 1 of 58 (29,482 Views)

Re: Madden 19 PC Controller support

★★★ Novice

Works fine on my laptop with wireless Xbox One controller (bluetooth).

Game is unplayable on my desktop, however, as when I connect the controller it keeps looping on the "Set Active Controller" popup any time I do anything with the controller. Frown

Message 2 of 58 (29,436 Views)

Community Manager

@jkimrey@Kgitsdown

Your PC needs to think your controller is an XInput type of controller.

Your controller can do this natively, have a switch between XInput and DirectInput or you can find software online along the lines of XInput wrapper.

barry.png
Message 3 of 58 (29,422 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just plugged in the Xbox usb adapter. It works fine wit any Xbox controller.

Message 4 of 58 (29,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry this is a work around and not a solution...will there be proper support for the PS4 controller? If no, why...makes no sense when thinking about you have many PS4 players who might want to move over to the PC now. Also when other companies does it without issue

Message 5 of 58 (29,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry - Are you saying that an XBox One controller is not natively supported?

The same controller works fine with Madden 19 on my laptop.

I'm thinking there must be some conflict happening on the desktop?

Message 6 of 58 (29,371 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its true, Logitech controllers are not working in Madden NFL 2019 on PC.Cant beleive EA failed again.

Message 7 of 58 (29,308 Views)

Community Manager

@jkimrey

XB1 controllers should work natively, if you have an issue you may need to remove any other controller peripherals and retry.

barry.png
Message 8 of 58 (29,252 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PS4/PS3 controllers don't work  with alot of games unless you couple it with a xinput wrapper like DSTool.   Xinput basically takes your current input and clones it to be an xbox controller.

Simple and free download. 

"It's not a fix it's a workaround"  It's a workaround that works...  I've been using it for many titles...

Message 9 of 58 (29,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've downloaded two seperate DS4 - Xinput softwares and neither one of them are working. Running it through steam in big picture mode isn't working either. Any other options?

Message 10 of 58 (28,888 Views)