Re: Madden 19 PC Controller support

by Primuris

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have a logitech rumble pad for my pc.  it works for every single game i ever need to use it with ...  except madden 19.   I'm about to just reach out to my credit card company and get my money back.    

I cant do anything.  the sticks are inverted, the buttons are out of whack and when I go into settings i can't remap any of them to make it right.      

this is messed up for a $60 game.   

Message 31 of 58 (5,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got my Logitech to work by moving the slider on the back to X from D  ( I have the Logitech F310)

Message 32 of 58 (5,506 Views)

★★★ Novice

first of all are we talking about having WINDOWS 10 - none of this means * if your using WINDOWS 7 right! so please specified this...bought and xbox1 and windows controller (wired) and it did not work at all. loaded the recent drivers...nothing worked. Sad that this was never researched before this or was it and let out to public so we could all buy controller so origin, Microsoft to make money

Message 33 of 58 (5,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It works for me if and only if i close origin, start steam in admin mode, from this point be sure ps4,Xbox controller support is enabled in steam in big picture mode, from that point add madden 19 into steam and start madden. You will notice origin boot and that is fine just wait for the game to load, once loaded the ds4 controller works fine without having to use ds4windows etc. I pray EA gets a patch out for this * ASAP as this has been one major headache for a $59.99 game. Running Windows 10 as well for any who need to know.

Message 34 of 58 (5,452 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Does this method still work for you? I have tried multiple times with no luck

Message 35 of 58 (5,425 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Is there still no fix for this??
Message 36 of 58 (5,418 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This still didn't work for me
Message 37 of 58 (5,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes it still works using the same thing I posted from last night. You need to be sure to run steam in admin startup. One thing to note im plugged in using the usb cable and of course the button layout is a xbox pad in game so you need to get accustom to that.

Start steam in admin

Add madden to steam

Enable ps4 and xbox controller support (check them in big pic mode settings)

Be sure origin is closed

Run madden from steam big pic mode origin starts at that point

When the game loads in the ds4 should be a xbox pad

I have been using this method for 2 days now with no issue running windows 10

Message 38 of 58 (5,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Start steam in admin mode

See screenshot i have attached for what to select for gamepad in steam big mode

Start madden from steam big pic mode not origin

Let the game load ds4 should work

note running windows 10 and a usb cable with the ps4 pad.

Message 39 of 58 (5,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Wouldn't it be awesome if we didn't have to do EA's work for them? Hi, it's 2018, and PS4 controllers are a thing. You know what else is a thing? Countless other games who have no problem providing PS4 Controller support. How does this "oversight" even make it past alpha stages of the port?

Message 40 of 58 (5,305 Views)