Madden 19: MUT Solo Battles Gameplay BROKEN? Prevalent across MUT modes?

by The13ofPSN

Original Post

Madden 19: MUT Solo Battles Gameplay BROKEN? Prevalent across MUT modes?

★★★ Novice

Alright, here's the problem: while playing a Solo Battles game, the player movement is set on slow and the player speed threshold is not calibrated properly. For example, the 85 speed 86 acceleration Rookie Premiere Saquon Barkley (respectable, especially this early on) runs at a snail's pace. In contrast, you have players such as 50-60 speed defensive tackles running players like Barkley down. 

I understand that this Madden game hasn't been active for even 2 weeks yet, but it's these issues that have created the running joke which claims every subsequent Madden game is "recycled and polished *." So, Madden development team, would you kindly take this nugget of information and fix the problem? I'm not just asking for myself, but for others who are likely experiencing this exact issue.

P.S: Overall, the new game is great, it just needs some tweaking here and there. 

Message 1 of 20 (5,349 Views)

Re: Madden 19: MUT Solo Battles Gameplay BROKEN? Prevalent across MUT modes?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. There is a massive glitch when the QB hands the ball off - reminds me of pop warner football games because the running back basically stops to get the ball.  Besides the running problem - there may be some code problem that completely shuts off lead blockers AI. I understand that this is something that occurs in Madden at times but this seems to be to a code/glitch/etc problem.  This mode simply isn't worth playing when the quality of play is this poor.  Oh and I also somehow had an 0-4 record before I ever tried to play a single battle. 

Message 2 of 20 (5,296 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. When the ball leaves the hands of my qb, rather handoff or pass the ball carrier immediately stops and then slowly moves. Same for defense, if I change to any player on defense they come to a stop. Needs to be fixed ASAP!

Message 3 of 20 (5,249 Views)

H2h online lag

★ Novice

When i am playing solo challenges everything runs perfectly ,but when i go .in solo battles or season it is really laggy and unplayable.

Please help!

Message 4 of 20 (4,936 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Im having the same issue and it's not just on handoffs. It's on kick returns too, that i know of
Message 5 of 20 (4,991 Views)

★★ Novice

So I build my team up to take on the solo battles, and what results before giving up completely? ..... Absolutely garbage. This game mode is clearly not ready to be played.

I played 4 games and somehow I'm 2 for 10 with three games remaining?

I'm experiencing all the same problems. EA please, this needs to be fixed and maybe also reward those players who tried to play solo battles with the Pro reward.

Sooooo frustrating.

Message 6 of 20 (4,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here. Hard to get used to the drastic change from the challenges to the battles. The stopping when getting the ball is really bad. Kick/punt returns are laughable. Catch the ball and stand there for 2 seconds before moving. As soon as the RB touches the ball - same thing. I don't get it.
Message 7 of 20 (4,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having all of these same issues plus when the opponents were supposed to change for the next part of the week they did not. I already won the first set of games and figured I just needed to refresh opponents so I did so. The game counted 4 losses against me after refreshing opponents I already beat. I was 4-0 then I was 4-4 and I could not play the middle of the week teams. This needs to be fixed... I caught losses for no reason

Message 8 of 20 (4,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Glad to see that I'm not the only person experiencing this issue.

Unfortunately, the solo battles mode still has the same problems I mentioned in the last post, and yeah, the game hasn't been out for very long, but one would think that the devs would take the time to look at the feedback and make some changes. Keyword "think."  Solo battles is a cool idea, sure; but, it really takes the fun and drive to play out of a game mode when issues like incorrect player speed exist.

Funny thing though: I mention how there's a joke about Madden games looking like "polished & recycled garbage" and EA edits it...granted I used c-r-a-p, but since when did that become  "vulgar?" Got another funny suggestion for EA: how about using the mass profits from micro-transactions and product sales to better your game(s)?

P.S: For those who are not aware, make sure to finish every game prior to refreshing the solo battle opponent list or EA will count it against you. Nice of the devs to "conveniently" leave out that little tid-bit of information.

Message 9 of 20 (4,631 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I too am having the same issue, running the ball and on kick returns. EA, please fix the error so we can enjoy this new mode!!

Message 10 of 20 (4,528 Views)