Madden 19 Accidental Auction

by RocknRowland8

Original Post

Madden 19 Accidental Auction

★★ Novice

Hi, my name is Parker, and my issue is not at all referring to me, or my account, or my MUT experience, but my horribly devastated friend.  He recently just won his second MUT Super Bowl of the year in All Madden 2nd String, which grants you a free Team Diamond pack.  This pack, obviously, contains a random team diamond player, I believe ranging from 90-92 overall.  As we, free-to-play players know, this is a very big deal, as we can get a new starter or a LOT of coins for our team.  In his pack, he received 92 overall Defensive Tackle by the last name "Suh".  He was so excited, as we knew he was extremely expensive, his hands were even shaking.  We looked him up, and we realized he was selling for an average of about 500 thousand coins, according to Muthead.  So, in his excitement, he decided to list him right away to the auction market.  Sadly, and very accidentally, while trying to set the manual price ( as scrolling all the way to 500,000 wouldve been very tedious), he misclicked something on his controller which posted the player for only 2000 coins, less than 1% of the real value of the player.  In a frantic, he tried to go on the auction market to delete his posting before it was too late, but someone randomely on the auction market had already bought this player for 2000 coins, sending my friend in a very deep and dark time.  Being madden fanatics, free to play players, a fan of the Rams, and a lover of football in general, he talked to me about how he will stop playing madden, stop playing xbox, he'll never forget this mistake, etc.  He was clearly heartbroken.  He my best friend, and such a big fan on this game, and has nothing against it, but a simple single button click cost his weeks, if not months, of consistently playing this game in order to earn the equivalence of 500k coins.  He was so upset, he immediately went to bed, and that's the reason I'm here posting, and not him.  I tried to convince him to post on the forums or talk to customer support, but hes truly heartbroken and beating himself up about this incident.  Me, being his best friend, just went through a live support chat, and he told me to post the issue on the forums so that a 'senior' would see it and possibly help, as he couldn't, which I fully understand.  I know this is a longshot (that's a madden joke), but I ask, I beg, that there is possibly any way in the world he could be reimbursed of the coins, or the player, as he had to win a super bowl in a high rank to win this, so clearly he takes madden seriously and is so distraught.  I wish I could get him to post, so you guys would know that truly happened to him, but I'll try my best now to explain evidence I am his friend, and that it was an accident

My friend Ian, or as his Xbox Gamertag would say "QuickyHuss", listed the 92 overall Team Diamond Ndamukong Suh around 2 hours previous to this post.  The auction sold in less than a minute, and the buy-it-now price that is sold for was exactly 2,050 coins.  Again, he packed this player after winning the Super Bowl in All-Madden 2nd String division.

If there's any way you guys can help with a reimbursement, it would mean sooooo much to both him and I.  Or, even if there's a way I could help, I gladly will.  Even if that means me personally buying the player on the market with my coins, and having you, EA, sending the fully auctionable and tradable card to his account, I'd sacrifice the coins and do it in a heartbeat.  Madden truly is so amazing and fun this year, and I don't want to see him quit playing, as proven earlier hes extremely good at the game, and has a strong passion for it.

I beg anyone can provide any amount of assistance on the issue, but if not, I understand.  I'm sure this is very complicated and doesn't happen often, but I beg you guys to look into this and reimburse him.  He's an amazing friend, and an even better Madden 19 player, and doesn't deserve this.  Thank you for even taking the time to read this essay of a question, and I appreciate the support about the matter.

Message 1 of 3 (1,252 Views)

Re: Madden 19 Accidental Auction

★★★ Newbie

Let me know if they help him out. This past weekend I accidentally auctioned off my Aaron Rodgers level 92 Hero card for 250 coins. It was gone in less then 5 seconds. I still feel sick about it. I’ve chatted with serveral people at EA and they said they can’t do anything about it. The system is 100% automated and no one can make changes... I’m not buying that but I’ve gotten no where with them. 

Message 2 of 3 (1,230 Views)

Re: Madden 19 Accidental Auction

Community Manager

We know accidents can happen from time to time and understand that in some cases it can very heartbreaking to experience after many hours of hard work put into earning that specific item. This is why the development team implemented a confirmation box prior to listing items to help avoid items being auctioned for the incorrect price. Our EA staff is not able to reverse these transactions and players must list or buy items at their own risk. We understand that this is not the outcome you were likely hoping for and hope it doesn't deter you from enjoying Madden Ultimate Team.

If you have any thoughts on the auction mechanics of the game the development team is always looking for feedback here: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/categories/madden-19-ultimate-team

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 3 (1,180 Views)