by Cortneycox2003

Original Post

Re: Change Email Address in Maddeni 17

★★ Novice
What did you do?
Message 131 of 163 (2,093 Views)

Re: Madden 18 - Updating your Email on your EA Account

★★★★★ Newbie
I finally got in touch with an advisor last night after being on hold for 3 hours. They told me to contact my email provider (a university) and ask them to reopen the email address, which has been shut off for 8 years...EAs support is trash
Message 132 of 163 (2,018 Views)

Community Manager

@chowar6891

Please confirm your issue was resolved since your post here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 133 of 163 (2,009 Views)

Re: Changing email...

★★★ Newbie
I just bought this game on Black Friday. I have sent all the information to prove I’m the owner of the game! Receipt and all but customer service would not help me erase the old email that it has preset to use. Freaking ridiculous!!! This should be posted on the game so you are aware before purchase. I can’t get a refund on an open game. I want my money back because like many others this detail should be known to consumers before they purchase a game! Thieves.
Message 134 of 163 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any resolution to this issue yet? i've been on live chat twice but no one can help me and been hung up on when i rang to try and finally play a game that i have paid for! EA must be the most useless shower i've ever came across

Message 135 of 163 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’ve had this problem Since the game came out and I can’t play online at all I don’t have acces to the email anymore and it’s auto filled what do I do none of the links help at all im about to just take the game back 🖕🏿Ea
Message 136 of 163 (1,702 Views)

Re: change email in madden 18

★★★ Newbie
That is the EXACT same thing that is happening to me, even though I just changed my email and password now it just keeps saying that I already have an EA account but doesn't change the email to the new current one and I'm really getting frustrated
Message 137 of 163 (1,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, it’s * nonsense.  It keeps saying I already have an account with an e-mail I haven’t used in 7 years.  I can’t even play online unless I know the information for that account which doesn’t even exist anymore.  The best answer they can seem to come up with is that you should contact the website and have them reopen the account.  No.  You * fix this, EA.  Convincing a website to reopen a seven year old email in the hopes that Iremember the password to an account I haven’t used in years is not a solution.  That’s lazy garbage.  I paid for this game and you owe me the features advertised on the box.

Message 138 of 163 (1,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Wow i just posted about this before seeing this. I got an Xbox one for Christmas and I'm basically having the same problems. I opened Madden 18 and installed it then EA user ID that isn't mine. (obvious someone hacked me at some point) pops up. After talking to 3 people 2 over the phone one which was the most rude customer service person I ever chatted with. They will not remove the ID that is attached to my gamer tag even though I have the game and my gamer tag. Even though the first guy i talked to said create a new EA sports ID and they fix it. So yeah I was lied to. The next person I talked to said unless i  made some online purchase you can't prove your ID. That's not my email so of course I can't log into it. I'm so glad I not opened NHL I'm going to return it after the way i was treated on the phone and the way i see you guys have been treated by going through this post. I wish someone would get the NFL license that cares about it's customers.

Message 139 of 163 (1,448 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well i doubt it will do any good but i filed a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau.  

Message 140 of 163 (1,434 Views)