Re: MY GAME WON'T START

by THEONLYraider

Original Post

MY GAME WON'T START

★★ Novice

my game won't start, i had contact with an EA staff and i did what he said, when restart my PC i still got that issue but when i try to contact again with help, there's no more chatbox, there's only call but i'm from other country not canada or US so how can u guys contact me?

After i press play, is launch the easy anti cheat then nothing happened, can someone fix this pls
THANK<3

Message 1 of 11 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi there,

Make sure you meet the minimum requirements:

Apex Legends minimum PC requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 3.8GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • RAM: 6GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 / Radeon HD 7730
  • GPU RAM: 1 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: Minimum 22 GB of free space

Apex Legends recommended PC requirements

• CPU: Intel i5 3570K or equivalent
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
  • GPU RAM: 8GB
  • HARD DRIVE: Minimum 22GB of free space

If you meet the requirements, try following:

1. RUN AS ADMIN
You will need administrator rights to run Apex Legends on your computer and maybe, the game doesn't have the necessary permissions. Right-click on the Apex Legends icon and click on Run as administrator.

• If this works then you need to make a few changes so that Apex Legends always runs with admin rights. To do that, right-click on it again and this time, select Properties. You can also use the Alt+Enter shortcut while the icon is selected. Under the Compatibility tab, select the check box for Run this program as an administrator and click on Apply and OK.

2. REPAIR/UPDATE GAME
EA understands that sometimes, files get corrupted and there can be many reasons behind it. That is why EA has included an option to repair Apex Legends if it fails to launch as intended. To repair Apex Legends, open Origin and go to My Game Library.

Right-click on the game icon and click on Repair Game. Follow the on-screen instructions. On the same screen, there is also an option to Update Game. Developers often release patches and updates that address the common problems. In our case, check if there is an update for Apex Legends.

3. CHANGE LANGUAGE
I know, this is a weird fix but it worked for some users. Maybe it will work for you too. One user accidentally discovered that changing the game language from English to Polish and back again launched Apex Legends for him. Can’t hurt to try.

To do so, launch Origin, right-click on Apex Legends' icon and select Game Properties.

• Click on Advanced Launch Options.
  • This is where you will change your game language from English to Polish. Don’t forget to save. Relaunch Apex Legends and close it. Then change the language back to English to see if it works.

5. REINSTALL
Maybe Origin and Apex Legends got installed incorrectly?

6. CHECK FIREWALL AND ANTIVIRUS SETTINGS
Firewall and antivirus protect us against all sorts of malware, adware, virus, ransomware, and more. And the hackers are still able to infect our systems and steal data. Sometimes, the firewall can also block a perfectly good software like Apex Legends.

Open Windows Defender Firewall and check if Apex Legends and Origin appear under the Inbound Rules column. If you are using another dedicated software firewall, then you need to check for the software that you've allowed Apex Legends game.

Hope this helps you get back into game, if not report back here again and we will try to find other solutions.

Best regards,

Timmie.

Message 2 of 11 (527 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi there,

1. RUN AS ADMIN
You will need administrator rights to run Apex Legends on your computer and maybe, the game doesn't have the necessary permissions. Right-click on the Apex Legends icon and click on Run as administrator.

• If this works then you need to make a few changes so that Apex Legends always runs with admin rights. To do that, right-click on it again and this time, select Properties. You can also use the Alt+Enter shortcut while the icon is selected. Under the Compatibility tab, select the check box for Run this program as an administrator and click on Apply and OK.

2. REPAIR/UPDATE GAME
EA understands that sometimes, files get corrupted and there can be many reasons behind it. That is why EA has included an option to repair Apex Legends if it fails to launch as intended. To repair Apex Legends, open Origin and go to My Game Library.

Right-click on the game icon and click on Repair Game. Follow the on-screen instructions. On the same screen, there is also an option to Update Game. Developers often release patches and updates that address the common problems. In our case, check if there is an update for Apex Legends.

3. CHANGE LANGUAGE
I know, this is a weird fix but it worked for some users. Maybe it will work for you too. One user accidentally discovered that changing the game language from English to Polish and back again launched Apex Legends for him. Can’t hurt to try.

To do so, launch Origin, right-click on Apex Legends' icon and select Game Properties.

• This is where you will change your game language from English to Polish. Don’t forget to save. Relaunch Apex Legends and close it. Then change the language back to English to see if it works.

5. REINSTALL

Firewall and antivirus protect us against all sorts of malware, adware, virus, ransomware, and more. And the hackers are still able to infect our systems and steal data. Sometimes, the firewall can also block a perfectly good software like Apex Legends.

Open Windows Defender Firewall and check if Apex Legends and Origin appear under the Inbound Rules column. If you are using another dedicated software firewall, then you need to check for the software that you've allowed Apex Legends game.

Hope this helps you get back into game, if not report back here again and we will try to find other solutions.

Best regards,

Timmie.

Message 3 of 11 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi there,

1. RUN AS ADMIN

2. REPAIR/UPDATE GAME

3. CHANGE LANGUAGE

5. REINSTALL

Best regards,

Timmie.

Message 4 of 11 (577 Views)

★ Apprentice

FWIW I've gone through all of the above and still haven't been able to launch Apex.

Not sure if it's an account thing, since I play apex at work and at home, but that might be a valid check too.

Go into offline mode, try to launch, then go back online. 

Or try a new account entirely

Message 5 of 11 (566 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@THEONLYraider wrote:

FWIW I've gone through all of the above and still haven't been able to launch Apex.

Not sure if it's an account thing, since I play apex at work and at home, but that might be a valid check too.

Go into offline mode, try to launch, then go back online. 

Or try a new account entirely

Hi there @THEONLYraider,

Have you been able to play Apex Legends at all? When did this issue occurred?
Please report back and I will do my best to solve this for you.

/Timmie.

Message 6 of 11 (563 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been able to play at home, but unable to play at work.

I've been unable to play at work since the very last week of season 1. 

Contacting my IT department here they informed me that my installed antivirus isn't the issue and are out of solutions for me to try. 

:/ 

Message 7 of 11 (559 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi again @THEONLYraider,

Then it must be on your works end, since it seems to be a firewall block. Maybe they have noticed that you're playing at work Wink (*joke*).

Are you sure your companies PC's meet the requirements for playing Apex?

/Timmie

Message 8 of 11 (554 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been able to play the game before, so I would think I meet the min specs.

Operating System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Display Memory: 12180 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB

Message 9 of 11 (547 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi again @THEONLYraider,

I have posted a thread about known issues and workarounds: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-FIRST-Apex-Issues/td-p/8030150/jump-to/first-unread-...

/Timmie

Message 10 of 11 (543 Views)