Re: MUT & EA server disconnect because EA Access?

by EA_Barry

Original Post

MUT & EA server disconnect because EA Access?

★★★ Newbie

I just spoke with an Xbox representative regarding EA server disconnects while playing Madden 18 G.O.A.T. MUT. He said it is because I do not have a an EA Access account. He went further and said that Xbox live does not provide multiplayer or MUT games - this is a feature that can only be used if the customer has subscribed to EA Access. I questioned this because it did not sound correct, and then he explained that some people play online without EA Access but it is a fluke that they are able to play.

Is this correct? I messaged EA but have not heard back yet. I used to play Madden 10 on the 360 and this is quite a departure from that game. If this is not true, any suggestions on the culprit?

I have hardwired an Xbox One S to a Xbox approved Asus router with cable modem (200 down, 20 up). At worst packet loss is 1% and ping of 22 to 68ms. MTU was good (1480) and NAT is open.

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Community Manager

@intrepidrook

Connectivity to Madden and the stability of that connection does not depend on you having a subscription to EA Access or not.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (423 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ok. So what is required for a working/stabile connection?
Message 3 of 4 (413 Views)

Message 4 of 4 (385 Views)